Texas-San Antonio

2 weddings at one venue

Okay, this is more of a vent than anything, but would appreciate other bride's thoughts.  I found out from the catering director at my venue today that a second wedding is booked for the same night with the ceremony about an hour after mine.  When we signed our contract, we were told that there would not be another wedding there that day because they can't use the second room on Sundays.  In fact, we were told not to even look at that room because we were planning a Sunday wedding.  But now apparently, through some sort of "mistake" (according to the lady), there is another wedding there that night.  She has reassured me that we won't even know it's going on, yet the room is directly across the hall from mine.  Our guests will be using the same facilities.  There's only one room for the bridal party to get ready in which is supposedly mine since I booked the place first but this isn't a huge venue and I am concerned about the quality of food, availability of restrooms, parking, etc. with that many people there (my wedding is about 200 guests, not sure about the other one).  Our wedding is in 5 months and I am not too excited about looking for a new venue since we really like this place and I doubt we'll be able to find something we like as much on the same date since we already went through that process a few months ago when we originally booked the place.  Anyway, I'm sorry for the rambling but my fiance doesn't seem to think this is a big deal whereas I was livid when I found out.  Am I just being crazy or would you be irritated as well?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 2 weddings at one venue

• TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at your contract.  That doesn't sound very ethical.  I would be really angry too.  I think you are valid in your concerns.  Was there any other location you liked as a second choice?  I know you don't want to have to go through all that again, but they may be hard pressed to cancel another wedding under contract as well.  If your contract does NOT state that you will be the only party there that day you will probably loose your deposit as well.
    Perhaps you and your fiance (you really need to tell him how much this is bothering you and make sure he stands with you) need to talk with the coordinator and see what options you have at least addressing the concerns you mentioned here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I m sorry to hear that. I know I would be worried. What venue are you using?
  • Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes please do tell!
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards