Idaho

Any Venues for less than $1000 that comes with tables and chairs?!?

We're having a hard time finding a venue that is in our budget.  We would really like to have Kanak Attack cater our wedding because their food is so delicious and their prices are so reasonable.  Problem we're running into now is that a lot of the less expensive venues require that you use their caterer or one from the list.  We really can't afford more than $1000 for a reception venue, my fiance got laid off.  Any ideas or suggestions?  We're already planning on having the wedding on a Friday or Sunday because they cheaper than Saturdays. 

Thanks!

Re: Any Venues for less than $1000 that comes with tables and chairs?!?

• edited December 2011
    have you tried the cw moore penthouse?  we're using it for our reception and they have some tables and chairs that are available.  we ended up renting others just because i wanted a different look but we booked there on the sunday of memorial day weekend for 1150.  on friday it's 1050.  not to mention it has a great view.  kanak attack is a preferred caterer here!  the nice thing is they won't upcharge for holiday weekends.

depending on the time of year you could try wood river cellars.  in the off season and on a friday i think their rates were fairly reasonable.  i think kanak attack was a preferred caterer here too.

i would try the bishop's house.  the high end is 1195 but it depends on the day of the week and time of year.  tables and chairs are included and they let you choose any caterer.

one that i wanted to look at but didn't know much about was the adelmann - a woodriver event center.  they have a chef but i think you can bring in a caterer.  i don't know if kanak attack is on that list.

i might look at some city parks.  the rates are generally low so it might allow you to rent the stuff you need.

if you want to save a TON of money, and if you haven't set a date yet, get married in january.  for most vendors it is a slow time of year and most offer a lot of discounts because they need the business.  you can also get good deals on rentals and venues.  just fyi.

hope this helps a little.  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    There are a lot of new hotels with room that you can get.  There are 3 near the Edwards 21 theatre.  I don't know if they will allow you to have your own caterer or not, but ya don't know until you call and check.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Oxford Suites Hotel by Edwards. I know you want to use Kanak Attack, but you get the room for FREE if you spend $1400 in catering :) Where else can you get a better deal? And it comes with all tables and chairs, linens, china, and flatware.

PS- last year at the wedding show, this man told me Kanak Attack double booked on the day of his daughter's wedding and they were 4 hours late to her reception.  I'm sure it rarely happens but get references!
  • kelly-seankelly-sean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    go to the city of boise website or google the Barber Park Event Center.  It is beautiful!  I went to a wedding there in September and it was phenomenal.  It is back behind where you drop your boats off to float the river.  It is new within the last couple of years, but includes the inside facility, the gazebo outside, easy hook ups to the sound outside, projector and screen inside, tables, chairs, and a kitchen for about $900.  Two of the walls inside are glass that look out over the grassy knoll that it sits on.  The wedding that we went to , the couple got married under the gazebo outside and then the reception was indoors, and all they really had to do to decorate was tablecloths and centerpieces, and they put a few pictures of themselves up on the mantle above the fireplace that is in there.  It was beautiful, I wish that I had known about it when I got married!
  • kelly-seankelly-sean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, and you can use any caterer you want at the barber park event center, or you can do it yourself with the kitchen, the only thing is that you have to have a certain vendor come in to serve alcohol if you want that.  otherwise you can do pretty much whatever you want!  and you get the facility all day, and they had people from the park service there to get extension cords and stuff out for them!
  • edited December 2011
    Check on the Kanak Attack's website and you can find a list of venues where they cater. The link is here  http://www.onocafe.net/category/7/Venues.html
    I'm not sure how much these places are but I hope this helps out. Good luck to you!
  • edited December 2011

Try the Adelman Building. She has two rooms available depending on the size of your wedding. It's on the corner of Capital and Idaho (i think). Above the new Tully's coffe shop. If you know where the Loft used to be that turned into Cool Hand Lukes. It's that building.

The proprieter's name is Karen 867-5119

I am not quite sure of the price for renting one room. I am renting both rooms for my wedding this summer and it's $1800. This building is a must-see, though!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!! Nothing like it in Boise! I swear....it blows the Rose Room right out of the water. I believe it's 1200 for one room........sorry. Not sure. Worth a call, though.

• edited December 2011
    I am planning on having my wedding at Barber Park Oct. 17th . Its 750 for the inside and if you want the patio for 100 more people its a total of $900. The only downfall is that the hours are 8am-9pm, which is okay since I am having my wedding on a sunday. I checked out Adelman on monday and it was beautiful and Karen was fantastic. I reserved OCT 9th just untill barber park is final . I would call Karen she has open dates which will probably fill up real quick. also one of my girlfriends had kanack attack for her wedding and it was awesome. The food tasted hot and fresh. The only negative thing was that they did not let the bride and groom keep the left overs. Hope this was helpful
  • edited December 2011
    At the Water Front on State St. Offers free tables and chairs for around 80 people  and a couple of tents included in the outside area space rent (around $900) I think. I believe if you have more than that, then you would rent the chairs/tables over and above the first seating of 80.
  • edited December 2011
    The Waterfront at Lake Harbor is currently closed. Barber Park or a hotel are your best bet. Try the Owyhee Plaza. You can get the room for free with food purchase but you do need to use their catering.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies!  We ended up booking at the Adelmann for a Friday night.  It was a lot cheaper than a Saturday and made  it do-able with our budget.  That place is gorgeous btw and Karen has been great to work with so far. 
  • edited December 2011
    Can you have any caterer if you use the Adelman? Also why is the waterfront closed?
  • edited December 2011
    It says you can use a list of their preferred caterers.

At the Waterfront was closed because of change of ownership, but it opened again recently I think.  At least they were advertising at the last wedding show I was at.
  • edited December 2011

In reply to all of the Adelmenn Building posts. I just recently had my wedding there and it was a complete failure. Nothing was right. Nothing was set up properly and, my entire weddding was a disaster!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_venues-less-1000-comes-tables-chairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:78Discussion:27a73d08-fe39-4cc7-8602-9dbfbf9cd8dePost:e5b12388-5ce1-49e5-a939-b9fa65fc8e06">Re: Any Venues for less than $1000 that comes with tables and chairs?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In reply to all of the Adelmenn Building posts. I just recently had my wedding there and it was a complete failure. Nothing was right. Nothing was set up properly and, my entire weddding was a disaster!
    Posted by boisegirl11[/QUOTE]

Oh no!  My friend is getting married there next month!  Can you Private Message me (the button is right under my post) and let me know what the major problems were so that we can maybe avoid that with her wedding? 

I'm so sorry that happened!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards