Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

How long to wait til i contact venue for my wedding plannings?

Hello ladies,
my venue (Drexelbrook) is providing us with the catering, cake, etc... I still have almost 8 months til my wedding day... I'm just curious: when can you expect a contact from the venue to talk about the planning of your day of? We picked and signed the contract with our venue back in March and besides the down payment and 2nd payment (in June), we haven't heared from them since... I'm just wondering when they would usually contact us to talk about the food tasting, seating, setup, etc? How was your experience? How long should i wait til i contact the venue - since i still have like 8 months...Thanks... i know i'm just anxious for the big day. Hahaa.
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How long to wait til i contact venue for my wedding plannings?

• edited December 2011
    My venue had a schedule a "final details" meeting about a month and a half before our wedding date. We will go over all the details and the menu at that time. I would call you venue and see if you can set a date for that meeting now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at drexelbrook as well in June and I'm working with Anthony. They do a bridal showcase where u go and get to see all the different options. I think he said mine would be next februaury so I'm guessing urs would be too. And after the showcase u make a appointment to finalize the details . I thi k they do them by season but I'm not sure . I would call ur coordinator and ask.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most venues will contact you around three months out to start the general plans.  You've got some time :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • jpwelshjpwelsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have some time, but contact the coordinator at Drexelbrook just to be sure they have your information.  It's nice to be certain when it comes to things like this.  A friend of mine had to change her reception venue a few years ago because the location double booked TWO weddings in the same room.  She had about two weeks to figure out a plan B.  Everything worked out in the end, but it's always better to follow-up.

If you need any day-of-event coordination, please check us out!

-The Event Nanny
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards