Texas-Houston

Selling a Tacori engagement ring?

My fiancee and I are considering selling my engagement ring, however, we are curious if it's worth it. He purchased a Tacori ring that is gorgeous but it's a size too large and although we were told it could be sized upon purchase we have since learned it cannot be resized b/c there are diamonds all the way around the band on all 3 sides. Our private jeweler (not who sold us the ring) tried putting platinum sizing balls in it but they are quite uncomfortable to me and although we're exploring all our options we wanted to know if anyone had any advice or feedback. The setting itself is platinum with 0.90 carats and sells for $7400 new - we only expect to get at best half the cost back. Any thoughts, feedback or advice? Thanks!!!

Re: Selling a Tacori engagement ring?

• If you have the original receipt and box, I suggest selling on craigslist since most here on Classified board are selling their wedding items and are female. Make sure you post the ring size
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Can you not take it back to the jeweler you got it at and see if you can get something different or something like that?
  • There is a specific website for this, www.idonowidont.com You can buy and sell rings through the website.  No idea if its worth it, but I would hate for you to have the ring fall off and not be able to findn it.
  • If you have the receipt, you should be able to get more than half on either Ebay or Craigslist.  If you sell it person to person then you should get at least 60-70% of of what you purchased it for.  Anywhere else (jewelry store, pawn shop) you will get about 30% of what it's worth.

• What size is it?
  • edited February 2012
    It's a size 6.5 - Tacori HT2259 in platinum with 0.90 carats of diamonds (including the 2 side stones and the ones all the way around). Although we have the original receipt, we cannot take it back to where he purchased it from b/c he's been sitting on the ring for awhile and the jewelry store is no longer open. We have considered ebay or craigslist but those websites make me nervous - ebay especially b/c the buyers can receive the item and then request a refund and send the item back and who knows if I'd get the same ring back or if all the diamonds would be replaced with CZ's...I've been burned on a much smaller scale before. I appreciate all the advice and I will keep checking back for more feedback!
  • What about having it remounted? That would be cheaper than selling for half and buying a new one.
  • One of our options is "remaking" the ring using the diamonds and platinum - it just seems kinda crappy b/c part of what you pay for is the name brand and quality that comes with that. It seems like a waste of money but I guess that's kind of a moot point since I can't even wear it right now. Still exploring options...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards