Oklahoma
Options

Friend getting ordained-legality

Hello! So I am MOH in a friend's wedding, and she is having a ton of trouble finding an officiant. She's in Tulsa. So my fiancé said that he wuldn't mind doing it for them. He will only know myself and the bride and groom. I know if some states having an online ordained friend officiate invalidates the marriage. Does anyone know if that's the case in OK? Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Friend getting ordained-legality

• Options
    I had a friend get ordained to do a marriage for a friend here in Tulsa. As far as I know it's legal. But I honestly haven't researched it.
  • Options
    Oh perfect! Sorry for being so full of questions, but did your friend have to do anything special like file their credentials with the county office or anything? I just want to make sure everything is set. I would feel awful if we screwed it up!
  • Options
    I don't know honestly. I'm sorry. I wish I could answer your questions better. I'm sure you could contact the county clerk's office and ask them about it. They can tell you for sure since that is who handles marriage licensing anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards