Pennsylvania-Central

reception locations - Wmspt/Lewisburg area?

We are planning an October 2011 wedding.  We were initially looking at reserving the Genetti to have both the ceremony and reception.  However, I'm having a few second thoughts.  We went to a tasting event, and while the food was fine, it wasn't that great.  Also, it is kind of a generic space.  I was just wondering if anyone knew of other locations besides the Genetti that could potentially accommodate a wedding of approximately 150 people.  Location has definitely been a challenge - I'm from this area and I know there aren't a lot of places to choose from.  Any insights would be appreciated!
Niki & Tony

Re: reception locations - Wmspt/Lewisburg area?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Williamsport in September.... We are using the Holiday Inn's grand ballroom for our reception.. great space and great deal..... We are very happy with the food and the prices for booze and the little extra stuff you want...  Also, we are having many people from out of town and the rates we got for the rooms are excellent!  Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was at The Acacia Club of the Scottish Rite. Pics in married bio. 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • apple329apple329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Gamble Farm Inn in Jersey Shore, which can hold 200 people and is reasonably priced.
    33East has a large banquet room on the second floor which is very nice. 
    Disalvos also has a huge ballroom on the second floor. 

Hope this helps,
    April:)
  • edited December 2011
    there are tons of venues in the williamsport area. i'd be sure to check out DiSalvo's & 33 East. The food is fabulous at both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards