Gothic Weddings

DIY opinions

Today I did a little shopping at craft stores and I found cardboard letters on sale, I know a lot of people are putting the phrase "I do" at their cake table, so I felt like putting my own twist on that and using the phrase "To the end". That way it can represent the fact that we'll be together to the end, and it's also a song title about a wedding (even if the lyrics are about a wedding ending in complete disaster haha). So I bought the letters and some black acrylic paint, after my grandma pointed out that they would be overkill if they were red (I trust her as she's way craftier than I am). This is what they look like after being painted. 

Now I'm not sure how to decorate them, should I use adhesive spray and glitter on the entire surface, line the edges with rhinestones, or both? We're using black linens so I want them to pop a little. I think I might see if there's a way I could tie red ribbon to each letter and hang them above the cake table instead since they're pretty big, and would take up a huge part of the table. I'm not sure if hanging them will be possible though.

Re: DIY opinions

• I really like the idea of using a spray adhesive and glitter. I also like the idea of the rhinestones. Either way I think it will be really pretty. I also think if you can hang them, you should use the red ribbon instead on putting them on the table.
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_diy-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:673Discussion:8a793d04-7004-400c-8697-3641cba608fdPost:d6dcd224-e384-4389-ac0f-31dc6f48fcd0">Re: DIY opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also think if you can hang them, you should use the red ribbon instead on putting them on the table.
    Posted by DivineWillowMama[/QUOTE]

this, i love this idea
    Photobucket

We make the sun shine... Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FI isn't home this weekend so I'll get his opinion, but if we can't hang them at the reception I might try to hang them in trees at the ceremony. At least it'll be great for pictures! Thanks for your input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards