Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Where to find tan/khaki suits?

I've seen lots of pics here on TK with GM wearing tan/khaki suits/vests....if anyone has done this, could you tell me where you found them?  Did you rent them or buy?  We've found what my DD wants on the J. Crew site, but not sure we want to dish out mega bucks for this suit!

Re: Where to find tan/khaki suits?

• Options
    tresslertressler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at J&B in chambersburg and their books have them in that you can rent. You can check with them
  • Options
    MeowsAlotMeowsAlot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhhhh this was the WORST part of our wedding planning... Men's Warehouse had some, but our guys and FI are very tall (6'5") and MW had nothing in stock...and neither did anywhere else.  We had to order them from a suit place in Los Angeles and we're still waiting on my dad's pants.  My wedding is in 17 days.  AND they have to be altered! If you have normally sized men, try Men's Warehouse--they would've been perfect and the buy one get one that they often do would have been very reasonable.Also, Boscov's had very reasonable suit costs and many tan/khaki suits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Capital Tuxedo has tan suits to rent.. they are very reasonably priced there too! We didn't get the tan, but they've got a huge selection.  We've been pleased with them so far. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    do not goto mens warehouse. they are terrible. try a local
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree about not going to Men's Wharehouse, 2 freinds of mine had a horriable experience. My husband wore a choclate brown tux and our 3 GM rented kacki suits from Capitol Tuxedo in Centerville.  The owner Sunny was a riot but got the job done.  To rent the guys paid $105 which was awsome. They were also able to change things for us on the day of the wedding, one guys pants were too big and another jacket too small and it was no problem, they have everything in their wharehouse. I can get you the name of the suit and/or a pic if you want, just let me know
  • Options
    MeowsAlotMeowsAlot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI gave me that website we used: www. mensusa. com Our guys paid $140 (that included shipping, and they discount the more you buy) to buy instead of rent the suits and we are very pleased with them (our guys will wear them again for work, but if your guys won't, it might be a waste of $40ish)--the pants come unfinished at the bottom like normal suit pants so you need to have them tailored (our dry cleaner has a tailor who did that, extended the sleeves bc like I said, he's 6'5", and cleaned and pressed it for $30--other than the hem, they could be worn right from the shipping box, though). The website is overwhelming and they have some very cheesey photos, but they are legit and have so many suits and the guys we dealt with were very nice.  They take about 4 days to ship.If you look to buy vs. rent, I'd suggest checking them out--they will also fully return them if you don't like them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the help! Is it 'Capitol Tuxedo' in Centerville...or is it Central PA Tuxedo? I'm going to give the menusa website a whirl.
  • Options
    hrchichrchic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Central PA Tux (Centerville Rd).  Our guys wore chocolate brown tuxes and I'm sure they had khaki as well.  Their prices were great and they have a huge selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it is Central Pa Tuxedo I'm sorry.  they absolutly rent the kacki suits and they are the only place in Lancaster area that does.  Our guys would never wear the suit again so that's why we went with renting. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry, yeah, it is central pa tuxedo :) I dont know why i thought it was Capital Tuxedo... def. would recommend going with them though! lots of selection and reasonably priced!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try J & B's Bridal in Chambersburg. I know it is a bit of a drive but you will find it is SO worth it. They have a huge selection and the staff and so great to work with. Costs are very reasonable. (Trust me - we are on a budget!) Plus you can pay over time or when the guys go to pick them up. :-) You will find lots of tan/khaki choices there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you've gotten your suits by now, but I recommend JC Penny.  We bought our suits instead of renting, but they had a VERY large selection and were EXTREMELY helpful!  The saleslady that helped us found great discounts for us, and even told us to come back the next week when the suits would be on sale!  My fiance got his suit for $140, and that's bought, not rented!  That way, he can wear it for future events as well!  Also, they can send the suit out for alterations directly, and their alteration prices are very reasonable.  Hopefully you're not still looking, but if you are then I hope this helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards