Wisconsin
Options

Wedding cake for Green Bay wedding

HELP!

We are on a tight budget and we've made two appointments with wedding cake bakers and both were so unprofessional and we didn't trust them for our wedding day...
Anyone had any good experience with bakers in Green Bay that aren't soo expensive!?

Re: Wedding cake for Green Bay wedding

• Options
    lizm336lizm336 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still in the planning process, also a Green Bay wedding, but I've heard good things about The Tasteful Cake and Bernie's Specialty Cake Shop.  I'm going to do some research on Monzu Bistro and Bake My Day to see what people think of them.

I actually have a meeting with Melissa from the Tasteful Cake in about a week, I can let you know how it goes.  I have been communicating with her through e-mail and she's been really helpful so far.  I haven't set up any other meetings yet, but I plan on meeting with possibly 2 more bakers.

I'm curious, what bakers did you look at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes please let me know what bakers you talked to...i am getting married next year in GB...if I get any suggestions (I will email my DOC) and see who she has worked wtih before...
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    jollcm18jollcm18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard awesome things about Bernies and their cakes taste fabulous!  My freind just used them for her wedding and said they were really great to work with. 

It's a family business that they run out of their home (they do not have a website).  Bernie is the mom who has baking the cakes forever, her son decorates them now, and his kids help with other parts of the business.

I believe the price per person is around $2.10 or $2.20
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    is bernie's a licensed baker by chance?

my venue says we have to have a cake from a licensed baker...
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    jollcm18jollcm18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_wedding-cake-green-bay-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:16b0cc05-8fc7-4e7f-8916-1ddf2d6fe661Post:b0c760a6-b882-4b55-82c2-9876cf781498">Re: Wedding cake for Green Bay wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]is bernie's a licensed baker by chance? my venue says we have to have a cake from a licensed baker...
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

I believe they are licensed - they were recommended by my freinds caterer. 

Bernies was also recommended to me by several of the venues that I've looked at so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards