Illinois-Chicago
Options

Locations near Rolling Meadows/Arlington Heights for pictures?

Hi,

I am having my wedding at the Meridian Banquets in Rolling Meadows and i am looking for locations to have my pictures taken. Any place you can recommend to us? Any Indoors location too? We know chicago is crazy so i want a back up plan in case it rains, thanks girls!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Locations near Rolling Meadows/Arlington Heights for pictures?

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Cotillion in Palatine and we plan to go to Lake Arlington and downtown Arlington Heights (for more urban pics).
    Does your photographer have any suggestions? I know Lake Volker (sp?) in Schuamburg is popular too
  • Options
    daizee32daizee32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_locations-near-rolling-meadowsarlington-heights-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:15a01986-bf38-442f-8524-11c5ac7aaf6ePost:c04645f6-2754-4e44-9475-69e77ed615f8">Re: Locations near Rolling Meadows/Arlington Heights for pictures?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married at The Cotillion in Palatine and we plan to go to Lake Arlington and downtown Arlington Heights (for more urban pics). Does your photographer have any suggestions? I know Lake Volker (sp?) in Schuamburg is popular too
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]

I feel like an idiot because I live in Palatine and should totally know this but where exactly is Lake Arlington?  I too will be at The Cotillion.  =)

Also, it's Volkening Lake in Schaumburg.  Very pretty! 
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    North School Park is also very popular because of the fountain - just north of downtown Arlington Heights on AH Road before Euclid.

Lake Arlington is on Windsor basically at Palatine Road. I was in a wedding and we did shots at both locations - both were absolutely beautiful.

Can't think of any indoor spots. Are there some interesting areas at the Meridian that you could utilize like staircases?
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Downtown AH would be awesome.  I really can't think of anything in RM and I grew up there FTMP!  There's also the forest preserves going out of Palatine (Dundee & ????).  And more forest preserves in Elk Grove at Higgins.  Maybe take pics with the elk at Elk Grove!  I don't think many people have elks in their wedding pics.

ETA:  Twin Lakes in Palatine.  I think it's right behind the Cotillion.  Something at the racetrack maybe if they let you?
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_locations-near-rolling-meadowsarlington-heights-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:15a01986-bf38-442f-8524-11c5ac7aaf6ePost:3db06347-ae43-427f-aec6-e9e407b82e91">Re: Locations near Rolling Meadows/Arlington Heights for pictures?</a>:
    [QUOTE]North School Park is also very popular because of the fountain - just north of downtown Arlington Heights on AH Road before Euclid. Lake Arlington is on Windsor basically at Palatine Road. I was in a wedding and we did shots at both locations - both were absolutely beautiful. Can't think of any indoor spots. Are there some interesting areas at the Meridian that you could utilize like staircases?
    Posted by jbll326[/QUOTE]
    I forgot about North School Park! Thanks for that reminder :)
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_locations-near-rolling-meadowsarlington-heights-pictures?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:15a01986-bf38-442f-8524-11c5ac7aaf6ePost:3c8731b5-414c-4e18-849f-2a11a8fea50e">Re: Locations near Rolling Meadows/Arlington Heights for pictures?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Locations near Rolling Meadows/Arlington Heights for pictures? : I feel like an idiot because I live in Palatine and should totally know this but where exactly is Lake Arlington?  I too will be at The Cotillion.  =) Also, it's Volkening Lake in Schaumburg.  Very pretty! 
    Posted by daizee32[/QUOTE]
    oh yay a venue twin!!! I'm 43 days out so I will post reviews after the event :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Volkening Lake in my first wedding, we had some really great pictures.  It's very pretty there during the summer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, i will definately have to take a look around this place. Any museum where can get in and take pictures, like i said, i need a back up plan.

Meridian banquets is a nice place, but not really interesting places where to take pictures but the atrium.

I guess we will have to take pictures at the bridal suite at the reception venue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally live down the street from Meridian! I think Busse Woods, or Ned Brown forest preserve as it's called now, makes for a nice picture spot. Our photog has done engagement/family shoots there and the pics look really nice. I'm racking my brain trying to think of an indoor area nearby. I'm not sure if random people are allowed to do photo shoots in hotels, but the lobby/main areas of the Hyatt on Golf Road across from woodfield are cool looking. It's very modern and fresh looking with a lot of green decor. I've heard that that Hyatt is a test location for designs and decor for other Hyatts.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding reception at the Meridian.  It rained the day of the wedding so we were not able to take pictures at our outdoor location which was near the church.  so we took more pictures at the church and  took more pictures in the atrium at the meridian.  the pictures in the atrium turned out pretty good. 

We had thought about taking pics at volkening lake but traffic and limited parking.  we didn't want to deal with it.  if someone parks in the police department next door to volkening lake, they will ticket you.  I live in Schaumburg.  We had thought about taking pictures in downtown arlington heights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards