Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas Summer Wedding Dress

Hello Ladies. I was just wondering what type (or material) wedding dresses you are wearing for your wedding if held during the summer. I hear the temp goes above 100 so I want to make sure I dont purchase a dress that will not be too hot and unbearable for my outdoor wedding. Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vegas Summer Wedding Dress

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing tea length taffeta. Is your reception outdoors or just the ceremony???
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for responding. I only plan to do the wedding outdoors. Its scheduled for 6:30pm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The sun will still be out at that time but if it's in the shade and not super long you should be ok. I'd stay away from a ball gown. If you want a long dress, I'd go with a natural fabric for breathability if you can....silk can get pricey
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is duchesse satin, but I have more of a sheath than a ballgown-- skipped the ballgown specifically because I knew the bulk of it would make me sweat like a pig in the heat, haha. If it's the dead of summer, I'd look for a light fabric like a chiffon, maybe?  At 6:30, though, you shouldn't be too bad in anything that's not overly bulky.
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto chiffon
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is silk crepe georgette but my legs were still sweaty at the fittings... Hadn't I fallen madly in love with it I'd have opted for a tea length or shorter.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in July 7th 2011 and my dress in full on satin... It is going to be soooo ungodly hot... I just hope my makeup doesnt drip off and fall on my white dress! EEK!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011

Mine was organza, it was nice and light.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards