Tennessee

Price Ranges for Nashville Photographers

Hi, my name is Emily, and my fiance and I just got engaged and are planning to get married in Nashville in January 2012. I'm starting to look for an engagement/wedding photographer, and I have no idea what the range in prices might be! As I said, we'll be getting married in Nashville, so I'm looking for photographers in that area. What's a good price for an engagement session? What's a good price for the wedding day session? Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

Re: Price Ranges for Nashville Photographers

• edited December 2011
    Nashville has a range of photographers. 

On the lower end is http://www.spectradezigns.com/.  who starts at $550 for wedding day
    On the upper side is http://grayphotograph.com who start at about $6000 for the wedding day. 

I believe there are about 1,500 photographers in the greater Nashville area so you have plenty of choices.  

That said you can do engagement sessions for @ $200 - $300.  The day of photography depends more on what style you like and the price you want to pay. 
  • manelmsmanelms member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi....I am a local Nashville Wedding Photographer with great prices and packages.  Please check out my website and see what you think.  I would love an opportunity to talk with you and your fiance' about what you are looking for in a wedding photographer.

Congratulations on your engagement!!!!

Ashlyn

ashlynnelmsphotography.smugmug.com
    615-305-2060
    manelms@comcast.net
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Emily!

I just got done picking out my photographer and I think I looked at maybe 100, it was insane! Photographer overload. Their prices vary (from less than $1K to over $10K) and it depends most heavily on how much you've budgeted for it. We used a couple of websites' budgeting tools to get a ballpark idea and then went from there. Like you, I really wanted a photographer who included an engagement session (and/or bridal session) in with the package. The photographer was one of the more important things to me so this was one of my splurges.

The best thing to do is just start searching. In addition to the vendors listed here on the Knot, there are a few Nashville-specific wedding blogs and they have lots of local vendors listed, too.

Hope I helped! Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Cati123!  You can get a photographer for $800 to $1000 dollars or you can spend well over $5k. It really depends on the style and reputation of the photographer. My suggestion is to decide on a budget first. I've found that the average price for a really good photographer in Nashville is anywhere between $2,000 to $4,000.  I am a bride... but also a Wedding Photographer, so having great photographs are HUGE for me!  We are spending around $3,000 for ours. Just remember, you get what you pay for, so make sure you choose a photographer for their photo quality and not just price. Also, ask around and find out who your friends shot with. The best photographer is often someone that comes highly recommended!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards