Pre-wedding Parties

Bachlorette Party....Who plans it?

So my MOH is unresponsive to the idea of planning the bach. party (even though she is my "best friend") and my other bridesmaids aren't saying anything about it. I've tried giving them hints like...i'm so busy with wedding planning and if you girls wanna go out could you get together and discuss the details....yet nothing gets done...at all. In fact they have left it up to me to book a hotel room/party bus. I finally canceled the reservations I had at the hotel and told my bridesmaids that I am done planning my own party. They just seem to really not care at all. What do I do, who normally takes care of all of this?

Re: Bachlorette Party....Who plans it?

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe they're planning a surprise and are throwing you off by acting disconnected and unresponsive. But if that's not the case, I'm sorry they're just not on board with planning this for you.

Normally the MOH plans the bachelorette party sometimes with the help of the other BM's. You definitely should not take it upon yourself to book or plan anything. You have enough stress going on with planning the wedding, and if the party isn't thrown for you unfortunately that means you just don't get a bachelorette party. In this case, maybe you could just invite all your close girlfriends for a night out and just hit up some good restaurants and bars.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto summerkutie.  The short answer to your question is that anyone EXCEPT the bride plans the b-party.

If no one plans a party, you don't have one.  It may be disappointing, but remember, a b-party is an optional event.  You'll be just as married without a b-party as you will with one.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs. It wouldn't look good (it would seem rude) to host a party in your own honor.  PLUS there are so many more important things to focus on than that.

The good news is anyone can plan it (except for you) so what about a cousin or sister, or even a friend that's not in the WP? Has anyone else offered? My sister is my MOH and she getting a party bus to Vegas but she is grateful to even have the help of other non-WP members because it's a lot of work. The only thing is, you can't ask, someone has to offer.  Otherwise, no party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should not have dropped any hints or asked anyone to throw you a party.  You especially should not have implied that you would otherwise be planning your own party, since that would be improper.  The bach party is most often planned by the MOH or BMs, but they are not required to do so.  Just let it go.  If somebody plans something, then you will have a party, otherwise you won't.
    Married 10/2/10
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachlorette-partywho-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:9c303bd1-399d-4ed6-a616-b3438b3a363cPost:f5f59023-ee60-45c6-bf6e-3343df51f5c3">Re: Bachlorette Party....Who plans it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You should not have dropped any hints or asked anyone to throw you a party.  You especially should not have implied that you would otherwise be planning your own party, since that would be improper.</strong>  The bach party is most often planned by the MOH or BMs, but they are not required to do so.  Just let it go.  If somebody plans something, then you will have a party, otherwise you won't.
    Posted by quotequeen[/QUOTE]

Ditto this 100%.  Unless someone offers it is inappropriate for you to be involved.  Dropping hints is the equivalent of asking for a party, thrown in your honor.

If no one offers and/or plans one then you don't have one.  Yeah, it sucks a little but you'll be just as married at the end of the day; they aren't required.
  • steenbean18steenbean18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a clueless MOH, I'm SO glad my bestie mentioned a bachelorette to me!  I don't understand how a lot of this stuff works so if she hadn't asked politely for me to plan it, I probably would've forgotten til the last minute.  Now it's all in place and she/we are going to have a blast!  Mentioning it may not be "proper etiquette" but I don't think it's always in poor taste.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards