Florida-West Coast

Beach Rules/Regulations

My fiance and I are planning on getting married on the beach of Englewood Fl. It just occured to me that some beaches and parks require permits before weddings and large functions can take place but I can't seem to find any info. Can anyone tell me where I can find the rules and regulations? I wanted to know if I needed a permit, and whether alcohol or bonfires are allowed (doubtful since it's a public becah but I thought I'd check!). Thanks!

Re: Beach Rules/Regulations

• edited December 2011
    Not sure about Englewood, but I know for sure that there is no alcohol or bonfires allowed on Pinellas county beaches.  If you are planning on having a wedding on the beach and not going through one of the hotels/resorts you do not need a permit, but you would just need to make sure the area you choose is considered public property.  You would have to get there early to set things up and "claim your spot".  Just keep in mind that since it is a public beach you will most likely have a lot of spectators and people set up right next to you.

If you go through a hotel, they worry about all the details and it's on their property so you have more protection.  HTH!
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen the whole wedding on the beach, usually just a ceremony for about 10-15 minutes, but after that usually everyone goes elsewhere.
    I know you can rent a tent, but i'm not sure if it's allowed, especially on a public beach.
    Try this link, see if there anything you might find useful.
    http://www.reception-wedding.com/florida_beach_weddings.htm
  • edited December 2011

Call the county the beach is in

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards