Military Brides

Ladies, can we be a little careful?

Let's all be a little more careful on here. Having an SN/siggy/post including your first and last name, rank, or first and last name of your fiances/husband is not a good idea. This board, as secure as we would like to feel on here, is totally public. There have been horror stories about vendors getting canceled because there was too much info on TK, and with yourselves or loved ones in the military, there's even more of an incentive to keep things more private.
I hate Dave Ramsey

Re: Ladies, can we be a little careful?

• elizabethm4elizabethm4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good advice, OPSEC would appreciate it. Never a good idea to put full names, ranks, troop affiliation, etc online
  • edited December 2011
    Thats a great Idea, I hear that all the time from my FH but I never thought about it on here.
  • edited December 2011
    Most definitely. OPSEC & PERSEC are bible & law in military relationships. If you are not familiar with them, look them up.

I spend way too much time on military significant other forums, & those are the most important things to remember in a military relationship.
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to check out some of those 'military significant other' forums - any suggestions?

Also, anyone know of any wives of Marine JAG Officers?  I've met a lot of Marines, and a lot of JAG Officers, and many of their wives, but I'm looking to speak to someone who has been through it (preferably active in the last 5 years) just to get an idea about the unique requirements of this type of position.  It's not like JAG in the other branches, but it's also really different than just being an Infantry Officer in the Marines.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am a member of militaryissuedgirlfriends.com, it is an amazing military SO support group. But OPSEC is a huge huge huge part of everyday military life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's not just OPSEC we need to worry about, it's PERSEC too! :)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    you should check out amilitarykindoflove.com it's great! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards