Texas-Austin

The Knot Texas Magazine needs your help!

Hey, Texas brides!

The Knot Texas Magazine is looking for insider tips from local brides. As you are planning (or planned!) your wedding, what is some of the best advice you have garnered that you can pass on to other brides in your area?

Topics could include:

1. Amazing vendors that made your planning go much more smoothly.
2. Secret local spots that made for gorgeous photos.
3. Things you wish you had known about planning a wedding in your area.

Leave your tip below and you might see it show up in our fall/winter issue!

TIA!

Re: The Knot Texas Magazine needs your help!

• sksjaesksjae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Old Glory Ranch - they have helped us every step of the way and no question has been unanswered!
    2. Not sure if it's considered local. But the area between the Gristmill and Gruene Hall in Gruene.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. Hill Country Cupcake has been SO great in helping me create my "cupcake" cake and designing it to fit my theme PERFECTLY!

Beth Simspon at the Oasis on Lake Travis has been  amazing in helping me plan the perfect destination wedding without ever having to leave Austin! The Starlight Terrace is a great choice for an amazing sunset view ceremony and a perfect reception party after!

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1- Liz with Exquisite Cuisine was on point, answered emails promptly, and was very creative and flexible. I loved her and I had complete confidence in our food that day. Also, Jamie with Creative Edge Bridal (make up) was SO sweet and easy to work with . She put everyone at ease and did an awesome job. 

2- Concordia University campus. There are scenic overlooks, lots of trees and a bridge. There are also glass and concrete buildings for an industrial look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • nroach78nroach78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second Skye - Hill Country Cupcake is run by two amazing women. I'm really enjoying working with them so far.
  • edited December 2011

1. Emily from Emily's Catering was amazing. Sean from ATX DJ was, as well.  When my wedding planner dropped out of my wedding unjustly, Emily and Sean both stepped up and made sure I had a night to remember.  But more than that, they were amazing at their jobs in general. 
    2. Chateau Bellevue is a dream location if you want a good mix of interior and exterior shots.  Its Romanesque architecture mixed with all the antique furniture made for great artistic photography.  It also has great natural lighting, which most photographers love.
    3. More locations for great bridal shots.  I ended up doing all of mine at my venue and it was amazing -- but I was really in a bind for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards