New Jersey

Sealing Wedding Invites

I am going to be sealing up those invites this wknd and was wondering what everyone has used or will be using to seal the invites?  If you use a seal do you still have to use an adhesive on the envelope?  Thanks!

Re: Sealing Wedding Invites

• sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I licked the envelopes :)
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used hand pressed wax seals. I also closed the envelopes be cause the seal was just in the middle and I thought the corners of the flat might rip if I didn't. I ordered wax sticks for a low temp glue gun in one of our wedding colors, a seal stamp, and seal non-stick from: http://www.letterseals.com/. They were a big hit with my guests.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    A regular old glue stick.  Saves your spit, works wonders, and costs less than $1.

ETA: I used the purple glue stick that dries clear so that I could make sure I wasn't accidentally putting glue on a part of the envelope that wasn't supposed to have it (because I'm paranoid like that, haha).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_sealing-wedding-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fab8f99c-aaca-4904-aa55-6e3fa0685317Post:5254a4f3-2d7a-48c9-a459-de43abd6ce82">Re: Sealing Wedding Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I licked the envelopes :)
    Posted by sgdc2011[/QUOTE]

Same here.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought one of those bottles that you fill w/ water that has a sponge on the tip and used that THEN I put on the custom wax seal that I had made for DH.
  • edited December 2011
    We were going to use the wax idea but I actually found some really nice seals at Staples. They were better than the ones I found at Michaels. It had a nice metallic look and didn't have a cliche looking symbol like wedding bells or something like that. Just a fancy design. They cost $2 for 20 of them. I liked the envelope and then stuck the sticker on so that everything was tight.
  • edited December 2011
    I used envelope glue-it is a bottle with a sponge on the end and seals the envelope.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • annieloughannielough member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your reponses.  I can't lick the envelopes, makes me nauseous.  I'll probably do the wax seal or the glue stick. 
  • edited December 2011
    I second the glue stick!
  • edited December 2011
    I cut a regular sponge into a thin strip and then kept it slightly moist and used that to seal the envelopes. I didn't like the idea of licking 80 envelopes.
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards