Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendor Reviews March 2013

We had an intimate vow renewal ceremony in New Orleans for our 10 year anniversary.   We never had a wedding so wanted to do something special.  I did refer to these boards on a few occasions during the planning and felt I would share my experiences if it could be of help to others.  I was extremely happy with everything.  The day could not have been better. 

Hotel Block- Hotel Provonicial- A+
I reserved 15 rooms and was given a very good rate.  Margie was extremely helpful and a nice person.  Great to work with.  I loved the hotel!  I had some stuff sent directly to the hotel for welcome bags and the hotel staff ensured everything was stored until my arrival later in the week.  Extremely pleased with this hotel, staff, and rates for a March event.  I will stay here again.

Event- Muriel's Jackson Square- A+
I reserved the Veranda Room for dinner for 30 guests.  We had our ceremony and cocktail hour with music in the seance lounge.  Muriel's is perfection!  This place is gorgeous.  The service was impeccable.  I had premium open bar and we could not have gotten our own drinks from the bar faster than the wait staff provided them. The food is out of this world.  I would highly recommend Muriel's.  It could not have been better.  If I could remove cost and availability as factors, I would still choose Muriel's all over again.

Officiant- Bloody Mary- A+
We are already married and did not need a legal ceremony.  Even if we did, Mary does perform many legal ceremonies.  We personally did not want traditionally religious or cliche. Everyone is free to feel how they may about an alternative ceremony.  We are in our mid-later 30's and are educated professionals who had an otherwise "normal" (in most people's standards) reception dinner.  This was a spiritual ceremony with some voodoo elements.  I feel that Mary provided a unique, meaningful, heartfelt, and genuine experience.  We did handfasting and jumped a beautiful handmade broom that Mary made for us and blessed.  I would recommend Mary to anyone looking for something a little different yet meaningful as it is supposed to be the most important part of your day.  I am very glad that we were able to have her perform our ceremony and I would recommend her.

Hair and Makeup- Angele from Just Face It- A+
Angele is as sweet as can be and did a fantastic job.  I could not be happier.  I had prompt responses from Jessica each and every time I attempted communication with Just Face It.  Angele was punctual and professional.  She knew exactly what I wanted and delivered.  I thought my makeup and hair looked great and photographed well.  I would not hesitate to recommend this company or Angele.  I am certain that the other girls are fantastic as well.

Photography- Sabree Hill- A+
I have not seen the pictures yet but have no doubt they will be great.  Sabree is one of the nicest people to talk with and will make you feel at ease.  She takes her job very seriously and wants to give you the best photography.  She was, in fact, likely more concerned about my pictures than I was!  I had complete faith in her.  She was willing to and suggested that we meet up prior to the day of the event to discuss the photography but I just ran out of time.  We did discuss details on the phone.  She wanted to make sure to have the right equipment for the lighting and she was sure to have the best backgrounds for the pictures.  She made sure she was familiar with the venue prior to the event.  She worked so hard taking many, many pictures over 3 hours and was not at all intrusive.  She finds a way to work around all of your guests capturing moments.  I highly recommend Sabree.  I am sure my pictures will be great.

Music- Tanya and Dorise A+
This is a guitar and violin duo.  AMAZING.  I have seen them perform on the street in the Quarter several times.  At first, I wasnt even sure if they performed at events but I really wanted them at ours. Having them perform for us was extra special for me.  I remember my first time in New Orleans several years ago.  I was sitting at Cafe Du Monde like all good tourists do and these two started playing. My attention was immediately drawn to the amazing music that was produced from their instruments.  I sat their for as long as they played.  I made sure to look for them every time I travelled to the city. These girls are an amazing talent.  They are professional, humble, and just so nice! My day would not have been as special without them.  Look them up on Youtube- many videos and you can catch them on Royal St.  True TALENT!  Our guests are now fans as well.

Favors- Southern Candy- A+
I had packaged pralines.  They were really nicely packaged and of course delicious. Perfect favor for a New Orleans event.

Bouquet- Etsy shop Cultivar A+
Check out these flowers- absolutely beautiful.  Definately worth a little splurge. They are now a family heirloom.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cultivar

Place Cards Etsy shop A+

Handfasting Cord.  I used this etsy shop as inspiration to make my own.  It came out looking exactly like this. http://www.etsy.com/listing/109177874/handfasting-cord-in-lilac-and-lavender?ref=usr_faveitems

I made welcome guides with lots of information including itinerary, restaraunt guides, menus, lingo, places of interest, bar crawl tour map, drinks of new orleans etc and had them bound and printed by www.docucopies.com  I was really happy with the finished product and I felt this site provided the most affordable option.  My guests were impressed.

Hope I didnt forget anything or anyone and hope this information is helpful.  The only other advice I would give is to make sure to have fun on your big day!  So what if there are a few little road bumps dont let it ruin your special time.  If you do a little homework and choose reputable services it will all work out.  Any bumps would likely be something that cannot otherwise be controlled.  I cant imagine that anyone would be dissatified with any of the people, places, or things that I choose for my event!

Re: Vendor Reviews March 2013

• Sounds like you had a lovely day! Sabree will be my photographer also. I'm not sure I will be able to meet with her before the wedding, but I'm sure things will turn out fine. Congrats!
  • Thank you bezelpup!  It really was a fantastic time.  No worries with Sabree.  She will do a fantastic job.  She is a true professional.  She likes to meet or talk just to make sure she will provide what you want.  She goes above and beyond.
  • We are 40ish and having an otherwise normal wedding but considering a handfasting or jumping the broom also.
  • Bezel0 sent you PM about the ceremony.
  • Congratulations.  It sounds like a lovely event.
  • #1 From what  I can see of your gown, it looked beautiful.

#2 I've seen the fabric bouquets, but I was never really into them. I checked out the Etsy shop you listed for your bouquet and they are absolutely gorgeous. Thinking about getting one for myself!

#3 Sounds like you have a beautiful time!
  • Thank you so much for the compliments.  I am actually kind of glad we werent able to have a wedding 10 years ago because I know that I would not have done it like this or in New Orleans and we all had the perfect time.  Everything was wonderful.

I cant say enough about the bouquet.  She does a beautiful job.  I would highly recommend.  I have looked at many different brooch and fabric bouquet vendors and I feel Katie's really stood out and are so beautiful.  They are even more beautiful in person.  The pictures almost dont do them justice.  I will try to post a better picture of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards