Washington-Seattle

Venue: Deposit and Your Refund Portion

We had our wedding reception held at South Sound Manor in Tumwater, Washington. Great place and Great staff!!!
My only and I mean only isssue BUT has become an issue is:
We were married on September 18, 2011.
When I signed the contract which included  a $500 deposit and $250 of that being refundable to me as long as the place was in great condition when we left I would recieve that.
Well it is now January 20, 2012 and still have not received our $250 refund. I called and talked with Betsy about it back in November she said we left the place in great order, no problems. However, the board members there only meet once a month (appartently to ok the refund even though a contract was already signed wayyyy back in April 2011) Shouldnt that contract go both ways?
Well, she said she would bring it to the board members (even though she said that last November) again this month (January 2012)
So  JUST A REMINDER MAKE SURE YOU ASK ABOUT THE TIME FRAME TO WHICH YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR REFUND BACK!
I will keep you updated!

Re: Venue: Deposit and Your Refund Portion

• More than just asking, you should have that date written into your contract.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Date written in contract!!! even better!
    And I said I would keep you all updated:
    So we just received our REFUND check in the mail.
    My husband called again and we just took a different avenue and it worked.
    Also found out that the gal that was in charge of weddings who had just started there in May 2011 has left.
    Kinda sad cause I think she had some great ideas for the space as far as using it for alot of other things besides just weddings.
    The South Sound Manor in Olympia, Washington has a beautiful space for dances, meetings and of course wedding receptions.
    It just takes a person to have alot of energy and time to run all that needs to take place for events.
    Well to all you Brides out there enjoy your process of getting ready for your wedding and the actual wedding itself! and just remember what doesnt go well that day is going to be a GREAT STORY LATER!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards