Retro and Vintage Weddings

Mid-Century Modern Centerpieces?

I'm having a mid-century modern themed wedding, and I'm having a hard time brainstorming [affordable] centerpiece ideas that fit with rest of the decor (our venue is a 1963 MCC Yamasaki designed synagogue). The only idea I've had so far is to do lamps, but I was hoping that somebody else might have some insights.

Thoughts?

Re: Mid-Century Modern Centerpieces?

• How about caulder-esque mobiles? Or vintage ashtrays with floating flowers. Or there are plenty of glassware items that are MCM.  Fiestaware vases/pitchers. There are great MCM fabric re-issues as well on the market for table runners witha plain simple clear vase. Maybe vintage martini shakers?

Just throwing some crazy ideas out there.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Could you do anything with old records, phones, books, or appliances? I've seen a lot of creative stuff done with typewriters. 
    Photobucket
  • I love the Calder idea, though I'm not sure how I would pull that off! I've been looking at glassware and whatnot, but it's hard to find things that a) are affordable and b) come in quantities of more than 1 or 2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards