Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding in New Orleans

Trust me.  I've read every post regarding New Orleans wedding sites - but nothing really fits  my requirements.

*25-30 in attendance
*would like small outdoor ceremony but open to anything indoor & intimate
*would like to rent venue
*would like to get outsider caterer

Can anyone help me with some recommendations?  By the way, I'm from Illinois so I need a little help :)

Many thanks,
Sandee

Re: Wedding in New Orleans

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Trust me.  I've read every post regarding New Orleans wedding sites - but nothing really fits  my requirements.

*25-30 in attendance
    *would like small outdoor ceremony but open to anything indoor & intimate
    *would like to rent venue
    *would like to get outsider caterer

Can anyone help me with some recommendations?  By the way, I'm from Illinois so I need a little help :)

Many thanks,
    Sandee
  • Options

Here are some to try.  Caveat: for all of these, I'm not sure about the catering requirements

Elms Mansion
    Audubon Institute -- Swamp Exhibit (internal caterer, though)
    Audubon Institute -- Clubhouse
    Broussards restaurant (as a restaurant, they'd probably cater)
    Voodoo Garden/Parish Room at the House of Blues
    The Columns Hotel
    Ceremony in City Park; Reception at Ralphs on the Park (a restaurant)
    The Longue Vue House & Gardens

You could also look at B&B's in the area.  You could probably get a nice "old New Orleans" feel and they might be able to hel you out with lodging too.

I'll see if I can think of some more, but that should get you started!  Good luck planning. :)

• Options
    I'm doing the search right now also, but with more people.  Ditto all of the above.  You might also look into Rosys Jazz Hall.  They had a great looking little outdoor courtyard that should fit your party and then had a nice atrium type venue for a reception.  I do think they have their own food/caterer but you may want to ask anyway.
    dml
  • Options
    The Benachi House isn't that big and you can bring your own caterer.

You might also want to check this place out: http://www.magnoliamansion.com/

Are you bringing in your own food or bringing in your own caterer?  Just keep in mind that most venues will not let you serve food unless it is from a licensed caterer.
  • Options
    Have you checked Columns?
  • Options
    So helpful!!  I'm going to reserach all of these right now :)
  • Options
    Unfortunately Rosy's will only do events for 75 or more in attendance.
  • Options
    I'm waiting on their response now.  Hoping I hear good things :)
  • Options
    I would also look into the Beauregard-Keyes House. There is a lovely garden and a courtyard and you can have dinner inside the house. They don't have a restaurant, so you have to bring your own caterer.

GL!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards