Florida-Central Florida
Options

Bridesmaid Dresses

How do you guys feel about bridesmaid dresses.....Do you feel that they should be the same color as whatever your themed color for the wedding is??

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they should be whatever you want them to be :) My wedding colors are navy blue, silver, gold and lavender. My girls' dresses are all navy blue so I'm sticking with matching colors to my theme, but I let them pick the style that they wanted. This allowed more creativity. I've seen all kinds of things done with bridesmaids dresses though---my favorite is when the dresses are all different colors and patterns...it looks awesome in pics! I don't think I would stray too far away from your themed colors though because it can look disorganized.
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I allowed my girls to pick out their own dresses. I just recommended that they be in a less stiff material (like, chiffon vs. satin) to flow more nicely with dress (chiffon) Each one picked out a different style that suit the formality of the wedding and their body type. Everyone is pleased with their dresses, are comfortable and excited to wear them; they also KNOW they will wear it again because it can be used as a formal/casual/cocktail dress (knee-length, black dress).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding colors are chocolate brown,Ivory,moss green,and gold. The girls are wearing chocolate brown in any style they want,I just chose the fabric.

The flower girl is wearing Ivory.My dress is Champagne and Ivory,and the groomsmen are wearing these olive/grey colored suits.I didn't go super matchy,but you could still tell it went with the wedding.

I would just do whatever you like,I honestly don't think anyone is ever going to look back at your pictures and go "OMG! the colors were not exact matches!"
    image 76 Invited
    image 51 Ready to Party
    image 13 missing out
    image 12 need to hurry up!
    RSVP Date:November 1
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_bridesmaid-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:11735238-3e99-438d-ae8f-d4217418b213Post:54b28aa4-c622-46e9-b28d-cf3b9b6e19ee">Re: Bridesmaid Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding colors are chocolate brown,Ivory,moss green,and gold. The girls are wearing chocolate brown in any style they want,I just chose the fabric. The flower girl is wearing Ivory.My dress is Champagne and Ivory,and the groomsmen are wearing these olive/grey colored suits.I didn't go super matchy,but you could still tell it went with the wedding.<strong> I would just do whatever you like,I honestly don't think anyone is ever going to look back at your pictures and go "OMG! the colors were not exact matches!"</strong>
    Posted by lovetothinkpink[/QUOTE]
    DITTO
    June 2011 Siggy- Me and my MOH (my sister)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards