July 2013 Weddings
Options

Another $5 in!

In another post I mentioned how I'd hardly spent anything so far since we can't book until 1 yr out, but I thought I'd let you know I let go of a bit more of our money today :)

My dress pattern was on sale at JoAnn for $1.99, and while I was there I picked up 3 packages of Aqua Gems (water beads) for $.97 a piece!  They were regularly $4.99 and on clearance in "Aqua" (our main color is teal)  Each package is enough to make 1 gallon of water beads to I should have more than enough.  If you were thinking about using these for your centerpieces go check it out, they had more colors on clearance but even if they don't $5/gal is still cheaper than Dollar Tree.
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Another $5 in!

• Options
    LOL. I love this post!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Another 5 in!:[QUOTE]LOL. I love this post! Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I envy you ladies that find deals and have great ideas. We spent over 100 beans in our centerpeices it makes me sick.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_another-5-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:7bfdac7f-711a-4a87-8f0a-fb6bb77f8b03Post:90af22d8-f560-407a-bc67-efdf5250f04b">Re:Another 5 in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another 5 in!: Ditto! I envy you ladies that find deals and have great ideas. We spent over 100 beans in our centerpeices it makes me sick.
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, just wait until I spend less than $100 making my dress. (Giving it that extra bubble for beading/embellishments - although hoping I can score on those too!)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_another-5-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:7bfdac7f-711a-4a87-8f0a-fb6bb77f8b03Post:ab1e42c3-84bf-4afd-8518-3cb8092f4689">Re:Another 5 in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another 5 in! : Yeah, just wait until I spend less than $100 making my dress. (Giving it that extra bubble for beading/embellishments - although hoping I can score on those too!)
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

I think I need a shopping lesson with you :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_another-5-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:7bfdac7f-711a-4a87-8f0a-fb6bb77f8b03Post:da9ecfed-5cc4-4ff5-a230-1a98f837635e">Re:Another 5 in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another 5 in! : I think I need a shopping lesson with you :)
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

Haha :) - I really just like to look at things and say "Okay, I like this.  How can I make/get it cheaper?" and then look for alternatives.

I've also learned that I have to be *patient*.  That satin, for example, was a good deal at $106 a roll, but now its down to $40 a roll.  Saving $66 just by waiting!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re:Another 5 in!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Another 5 in!:In Response to Re:Another 5 in! : I think I need a shopping lesson with you :Posted by Getting2VowelsHaha :nbsp; I really just like to look at things and say "Okay, I like this.nbsp; How can I make/get it cheaper?" and then look for alternatives.I've also learned that I have to be patient.nbsp; That satin, for example, was a good deal at 106 a roll, but now its down to 40 a roll.nbsp; Saving 66 just by waiting! Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

In theory, I can do this...in theory. Lol
    I used to be so good at playing the waiting game but the last few times I did that for nwr things I got hosed and stuff was gone. So in my head Im all "what if it disappears"?! Then I crack and talk myself into the purchase..ugh

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've had that happen before too, but at the same time I know there's pleanty of things that could work equally as well that I might be able to pick up for a same or better price.

Those water beads, for example, were just something I was considering.  I was really leaning towards the clear ones (from Dollar Tree) with maybe some food-coloring dyed water with submersible LEDs in the bottom.  These aqua ones are already the right color and now I don't feel like I'm going to need the LEDs anymore. Win-win.

Stationery should be a fun one too.  I really want pocketfolds and customized stationery.  I've had several opportunities to buy generic invites for super-cheap but I like the idea of my wedding looking way more expensive than it actually will be.  So I've come up with a template and how much card stock will cost me.  Now I've obviously got a while before invites go out (STDs will probably be free vistaprint post cards) so I have time to wait and shop around.  I'll watch the cardstock in the colors I like locally, but also check sites like cardsandpockets.com for sales/clearance.  If the raw materials are going to cost me more than the finished product it doesn't make any sense for me to DIY.   
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Another 5 in!:[QUOTE]I've had that happen before too, but at the same time I know there's pleanty of things that could work equally as well that I might be able to pick up for a same or better price.Those water beads, for example, were just something I was considering. nbsp;I was really leaning towards the clear ones from Dollar Tree with maybe some foodcoloring dyed water with submersible LEDs in the bottom. nbsp;These aqua ones are already the right color and now I don't feel like I'm going to need the LEDs anymore. Winwin.Stationery should be a fun one too. nbsp;I really want pocketfolds and customized stationery. nbsp;I've had several opportunities to buy generic invites for supercheap but I like the idea of my wedding looking way more expensive than it actually will be. nbsp;So I've come up with a template and how much card stock will cost me. nbsp;Now I've obviously got a while before invites go out STDs will probably be free vistaprint post cards so I have time to wait and shop around. nbsp;I'll watch the cardstock in the colors I like locally, but also check sites like cardsandpockets.com for sales/clearance. nbsp;If the raw materials are going to cost me more than the finished product it doesn't make any sense for me to DIY. nbsp;nbsp; Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

I still stand by my shopping request lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards