Texas-Austin

Tuxedo rentals

I hadn't really looked into the cost of tuxedo rentals until now because I assumed they wouldn't cost too much. I started researching it on google last night, and I was really surprised with the general results (around $150 per tux rental). I was wondering whether anyone found better deals in Austin, and what places FI and I should check out over winter break when we're in Texas. 

TIA!
planning bio
"My favorite color is fluorescent beige."

Re: Tuxedo rentals

• edited December 2011
    We are renting ours from Men's Warehouse. FI has groomsmen from all over the country so it was very convenient. I want to say our tuxedos are running about $105 a person...hope that helps :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Tuxedo Junction and the rentals were just over $100 (without shoes).
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At every place it just depends on the tux.  I know that if you have the option to wait til the next Bridal Extravaganza (in January, I think) then you can get deals there as well.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MnMShaw. At the bridal extravaganza a couple months ago, I got a great deal from Al's Formal Wear. They were running a special where I paid a $10 deposit and the groom's tux was free as long as 5 other tuxes were rented (it could be a combo of groomsmen, ushers, fathers, ring boy etc) and even then, the other 5 tuxes would be $50 off each rental!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we got the groom's tux free (and the ring bearer too, if we had had one) with 4 or 5 paid rentals (I forget which, but with 4 groomsmen and my dad, we had 5) because I paid a $10 deposit at the Bridal Extravaganza. However, we found out that they run specials like that often... when we went into the store months later to choose which tux we wanted, they had an ad in the window offering the groom's tux free with 5 paid rentals.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• sarainaustinsarainaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it has a lot to do with the level of tux that you want.  When we were shopping we found them ranging from 100+.  The higher quality of fabric, number of pieces, etc, made the prices go up.  I would ask the 150 place if they have any cheaper options.  Sometimes they only show you the "most popular".  (people trying to rip of people in weddings... ran into it more times than I had hoped I would...) =(

Goood luck!  Also, look for a place that gives you the grooms tux free with x-amount of rentals.  Ask about those specials too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards