California-Orange County

NEED HELP WITH MAIDS DRESSES!!

So I've been involved in the whole bridesmaid dress struggle the past month or so and we found these totally cute BCBG dresses today at Macy's. They are the perfect pink that I wanted and they are so fun and different...the girls love them (plus they were only 55$ marked down from 160$)...BUUUUUUUUT...i'm scared they might be too short...

I don't feel they are short in general (for a party, club, etc). But I know weddings are a bit more traditional, and while our wedding is casual, i don't want them to be too revealing. So what do you all think?!

Re: NEED HELP WITH MAIDS DRESSES!!

• sophiesonoquisophiesonoqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the dresses are super cute. i think they are perfect. i was in my best friend's wedding this past october. and the bride let all her maids pick their own style and i was the only one who chose a long dress. and all the girls looked fabulous!  as will these beautiful dresses in your wedding.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_need-maids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:63Discussion:8c4e0719-6991-43bd-9c6d-f0f1fbe080a8Post:30dc23f2-fc51-4aed-8897-752533bf7e37">Re: NEED HELP WITH MAIDS DRESSES!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]the dresses are super cute. i think they are perfect. i was in my best friend's wedding this past october. and the bride let all her maids pick their own style and i was the only one who chose a long dress. and all the girls looked fabulous!  as will these beautiful dresses in your wedding.  
    Posted by sophiesonoqui[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your advice!! <3
  • edited December 2011
    I think those dresses are cute too! In my wedding only my MOH is going to wear a long dress (her request) everyone else is going to wear a cute short dress that they can use again in the future.
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    IS  it just me or are one of those dresses way shorter than the other??? I think they are a little short but not shockingly short.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think it looks shorter on the girl with the gray boots BUT not like really short, these are really pretty and they can wear them again. I SAY BUY THEM! plus great deal, girls love them, perfect color that you wanted. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much girls. We already bought them...it's now a matter of if we will return them ha ha!

So funny bc all the brides that say "go for it" and that they are cute are all OC and LA brides. I posted in the general message boards too and all the brides NOT from cali said they are WAY too short/inappropriate/strip club style! ha ha. Guess us Cali brides are just a lil bit more playful.
  • edited December 2011
    That is very true.  We are beach brides.  I think they are totally fine, especially since you said your wedding is casual.  They are great!!!  And your girls love them.  That's even better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards