Ohio-Cleveland

Need a good, cheap photographer in the Akron/Canton area!! Any suggestions?

Guess the subject says it all! Let me know if anyone has an inexpensive photographer that they used/ are going to use for your wedding!!

Thanks!

Re: Need a good, cheap photographer in the Akron/Canton area!! Any suggestions?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitey check out Tami Musick Photography. She's based in Streetsboro and will travel. She does GREAT work and is very reasonably priced. I've used her for 2 family sessions and a b-pic session and have been pleased each time. Also, she includes a CD of pics and gives you the rights to your own photos which is nice. Her wedding packages are in the $1500 range but she can adjust to fit your budget. Take a look at her blog here.
    http://tamaramusick.wordpress.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I use Brandi Williamson Photography, out of Dover,for my son's pics and she does great. Also, check out Maui Photography out of Canton.
  • AshleeB85AshleeB85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to give someone who is new to wedding photography a shot, I am using Tanya Stafford.  She just started doing weddings this year, however, she is priced extremely well.  I like all of the work that she has showed me and she is fantastic getting back in touch with me.  Her website is www.tanyastafford.com. Although her website she is currently updating to include more wedding information, pictures, etc.  She does have pictures however of weddings she has done that she can send to you!  Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • edited December 2011
    Be careful with "Cheap". You can't get your wedding day back.
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_need-good-cheap-photographer-akroncanton-area-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:4229202d-80bb-4dde-bc43-524b8b78cae0Post:831465ba-4c81-4927-84f4-8b24aad131a1">Re: Need a good, cheap photographer in the Akron/Canton area!! Any suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be careful with "Cheap". You can't get your wedding day back.
    Posted by IMAGES[/QUOTE]
    I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time you post. Are you a vendor?
  • edited December 2011
    Throw up in your mouth?! Really? Very classy. And, no, I'm not a vendor. Just someone who cares about quality and helping others.
  • K ByteK Byte member
    edited December 2011
    You're the klassy one, every thread that comes up about photographers, you come in with some kind of snarky-ass comment about people who are on a budget. The VAST majority of posters on these boards are on tight budgets, and when you come in with your "omg you'll regret not getting THE PRICIEST PHOTOGRAPHERS IN THE AREA!!!!1" comments you come off as an out-of-touch snob. Either recommend whatever photographers you think are "good" when you see people asking for budget photographer recommendations or stay out of the conversations, because you basically contribute NOTHING to these boards other than veiled warnings and threats and that's not helpful to anyone.
  • edited December 2011
    The fact that folks are on a tight budget is EXACTLY why I point out the importance of not scrimping. You CANNOT get your wedding day back. I've heard too many horror stories about friends trying to save money and hire a "friend" or an inexperienced vendor only to be crushed when their day turns out badly...just to save a few bucks that in the long run doesn't even matter. In 10 years you will forget how much you paid for a QUALITY vendor but you will NEVER forget if an inexpensive (i.e. cheap) vendor screws up the most important day of your life. Photography just happend to be THE most important thing to me. I want to remember my day and not have my kids and grandkids point out what crappy pictures we have. There are a ton of ways to save money, but photography was WAY too important.  Oh, and by the way, it's "classy" with a "C"
  • K ByteK Byte member
    edited December 2011
    Did you not even read my post? I'm going to emphasize it for you right here:

"Either recommend whatever photographers you think are "good" when you see people asking for budget photographer recommendations or stay out of the conversations, because you basically contribute NOTHING to these boards other than veiled warnings and threats and that's not helpful to anyone. "

Are you going to start being helpful and start to give actual recommendations, or are you going to continue to flame people who are on a budget?

No one on here is using their friend's dad or whatever as a photographer by the way. People just want recommendations for photographers that are maybe just starting out or have less expensive packages. Again, it's called a budget. It's not that people aren't putting a priority on photography, it's that a lot of us simply cannot afford $3000-$5000+ for pictures.

I personally still think you're a vendor because you are spouting off the typical vendor party lines about "This is the most important day of your life" and crap. Also, I noticed in a previous post that you said that all-digital packages were no good because no one can print a picture as well as a professional photographer, which is laughable since a lot of photographers order their prints from websites like mpix and MeridianPro, which are both also open to the public and not exactly super secret professional-only awesome sites. If I had a DVD of the pictures my photographer shot and I just wanted some 5x7's or 8x10's or whatever, I could order my prints from mpix JUST LIKE PROFESSIONALS and save a bundle as there wouldn't be any vendor markup. But you don't want people to save money, for obvious reasons. :)
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with K Byte.  I've only ever seen you post about photography and your name is IMAGES.  Kinda weird...

I used Michelle Brown and we were really happy with how things turned out.  Prices are listed on her website.

http://www.michellebrownphotographyohio.com
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry If I struck a nerve ladies.
    As Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying "I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday"
  • clcandow07clcandow07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think IMAGES is a vendor!!! 11 posts total, 10 which were about photographers, and the last about Old Stone. "DO NOT GET MARRIED THERE!!!! The wedding planner is EXTREMELY rude. I would never get married there. " You are just very rude overall.What did you not get along well with Old Stone when you were shooting there, or did you just not have enough skill to get a quality image? Do you work for  Spencer Photography  you mention "Spencer Photography did a wedding that I attended recently. Their pictures are AMAZING! They won the Akron/Canton Fox 8 Hotlist this year for best photographer and one of their shots was on the cover of the Akron/Canton Todays Bride Magazine. They seem a little pricey but worth it. www.spencerphotography.net " IS THAT WHY YOU NEVER LIKE BUDGET PHOTOGRAPHERS?  You are a vendor yet another post "My photographer and my videographer were both certified by their respective industries."  Is there a button on here to ban people? I vote for IMAGES!!! BAN IMAGES!!!!

Now to answer the question in hand:

I went with Jay Kossman with Digital 504. He takes Great photos, price is great between $500- $2000 http://www.digital504.com/html/?html=1&p=2

• edited December 2011
    Ok,not to interrupt here ladies, but back to Mystieve's question....lol

I'm using Maria Sharron. She does beautiful work, you still get all the same things in a package with unlimited time by the way, and her prices range form $800-1600. I've done homework on her, met her, etc. I really like her, and feel like I'm getting my money's worth. We booked her for 11/6/10.  Check her out...MariaSharron.com.
    Best of luck!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards