Snarky Brides

poker face

2»

Re: poker face

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poker-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fecf7d99-cdda-430c-8e20-cdd440a68686Post:bf078696-2f19-4b1c-8d25-3441f5138fa3">Re: poker face</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you guys ever seen a fainting goat?
    Posted by FutureMsAlexander[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  Super creepy.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    I've been told at work several times now to "watch my face" in meetings.  I always say "don't you think these people need an honest reaction so they understand how ridiculous they're being?"

Its hard enough to bite my tongue in that place.  I will not give up my facial expressions!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can just see it now....

Severed Goat Head centerpieces.

Hawt.
  • A former coworker of FI's told us that she heard that "Only 10% of the guests you invite will show up, so we're making sure we have at least 950 people on the guest list, but probably no more than that becuase we want it to be fairly small."

I can't fathom knowing 950 people I'd want at my wedding. I couldn't believe she was completely serious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't even attempt a poker face anymore. It just doesn't work for me. However, I have gotten much better at not verbalizing my reactions, unless it's something totally horrific and then I just can't help myself.

On to baby goats ... We were out a few weekends ago looking for a riding mower and we stopped at a Tractor Supply store. The had three baby goats for sale in an open topped pen.

One was chewing on the end of my sleeve and another was sucking on my thumb. The third was distracted by some little kid. They were the cutest things ever.

I tried deperately, but Tim would'nt let me get one :(
  • You girls crack me up.

Baby goats....only experience would be that one backed its little self up, ran and  head butted my daughter's tushy and knoked her straight down in the petting zoo when she was like 4. It was hilarious.

As for poker face...I HAD to pull one off when I had one bride I was working for told me and then showed me her invitations that actually read "NO GIFTS, CASH AND GIFT CARDS ONLY PLEASE"

I was in shock.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poker-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fecf7d99-cdda-430c-8e20-cdd440a68686Post:34464dab-724d-4d3c-9bea-642c33ba1aa4">Re: poker face</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a goat now.
    Posted by deepcovejackie[/QUOTE]

Not a chance! If I can't have one, neither can you because I would be far too jealous
  • Is a fainting goat some sort of sexual position?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_poker-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fecf7d99-cdda-430c-8e20-cdd440a68686Post:773b3828-dc51-4502-bfaf-2f46c850cf52">Re: poker face</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is a fainting goat some sort of sexual position?
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Oh. So that's what you call that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards