Canada-Ontario

Any PREGNANT brides??

I thought planning a wedding was stressful.  Planning a wedding with an unplanned pregnancy is even more stressful!!!  Here's hoping my dress will still fit when I'm five months along in December!

I'm very, very happy.  Just overwhelmed.  At least it has put the nit-picky details that you think are SO important about your wedding into a little perspective.

Anyway, is anyone in my boat, or am I sailing alone?
Visit The Knot!

Re: Any PREGNANT brides??

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not in the same boat, but I totally understand about the surprise pregnancy!  :) It happened to me and my FI last April, so I knwo how you feel!  Congrats and welcome to motherhood! :)  It is a lot of work, but it'a all worth it in the end.

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

I'm not a pregnant bride but I just wanted to comment that I LOVE your comment about putting the wedding details into perspective. I've certainly found that with many aspects of life ever since I got pregnant last November.

H&H 9 months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • raffwifeyraffwifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im currently opregnant but wont be during my wedding. Im due in april and wedding in oct. Im also stressed for various reasons like trying to find a dress in those 6 months,  trying to predict what my body figure will be like, etc
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_pregnant-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:82878baf-acdc-4a1d-ba24-a07870ab2995Post:fbc1acf9-2d2c-4293-9855-e22bfdd57649">Re: Any PREGNANT brides??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im currently opregnant but wont be during my wedding. Im due in april and wedding in oct. Im also stressed for various reasons like trying to find a dress in those 6 months,  trying to predict what my body figure will be like, etc
    Posted by raffwifey[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about a dress - you can buy plenty off the rack at a sample sale or visit The Bride's Project - they have new and gently used wedding dresses ranging from $350-$1250 that are in stock!  You'll be able to find something!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I know how you feel! My wedding is all set and planned for May 2012 and I found out I'm pregnant a few weeks ago.  I will now be 7 months pregnant at my Wedding.  I'm praying i can get my dress altered to fit me since i already purchased it. Also, we were planning on going to the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon.  Now, I don't feel comortable flying or leaving the country that far along.  
    Tim & Kristi Getting Married May 5, 2012
  • Just found out i'm pregnant with our 2nd. We are supposed to get married in October but i'll be 6 or 7 months pregnant at that point. I'm so stressed about the wedding. Everything was planned out and now I probably won't even be able to fit in my super expensive super tight dress. Fiance wants to get married in a month now. My mom wants to keep the same date. I don't know what to do. I'm so conflicted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards