Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Outside Ceremony.....pre recorded music

I am having an outside ceremony overlooking the bay under a ginormous tree. It is extremly important to me that everyone hears our pastor and our wedding vows. So i have my DJ setting up a soundsystem. There are electrical outlets by the tree and they have done this many times at my venue. THe issue is that Everyone is saying that I should hire a string quartet for the music while people are sitting and during the ceremony, however, I feel like i want a "bigger" sound than a wimpy string quartet... i guess i want it more dramatic sounding. Is it cheezy to have pre-recorded music as long as its classy and tasteful? My dj will already be there....

Re: Outside Ceremony.....pre recorded music

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it is totally fine. Let your DJ handle it, I am sure he has done this before.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to quite a few outdoor weddings with recorded music and the weddings were still beautiful.  If you want the string quartet sound, try looking at songs covered by the Vitamin String Quartet and have your DJ play them on the sound system.  They do covers of all kinds of songs, even rock songs.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan to have my dj play pre-recorded music at my outdoor ceremony, so I of course think your idea is fine.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards