Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

I want to make sure that people know kids are welcome!!!!

Although we are having our reception at a somewhat formal venue we are very family oriented and want kids to be a part of the wedding.  I want to make sure that people know children are welcome (its akward if they dont know and dont wanna ask) Should I just list everyones name on the envelope to the invitation and hope everyone realizes, or is there a way of printing it on the invitation so people are clear on this topic? I will be doing a line on the response cards for people to write their name and entree choice, however if they dont know children are included they may not give the childrens information and I want to make sure I know who is bringing children so we can prepare kid activity bags!

Thanks!

Re: I want to make sure that people know kids are welcome!!!!

• Options
    Address the envelope to everyone that is invited (Mr & Mrs John Doe, Jack, Sally and Pooter).  If they RSVP and don't include the kids, you can always call and ask them whether or not the kids are coming.  They may decide that they want a night out without the kids and would prefer to leave them home.
  • Options
    thank you, I planned on doing that, but then thought of myself who throws away envelopes and later would be questioning it lol. Im not gonna stress over it, I know who has kids and who doesn't and I will call if I need to :)
  • Options
    Just include the kids' names on the envelope.  If someone RSVPs without kids, and you want to call to clarify, you can.  I invited one of my BMs entire family, including her younger brother and sister.  The BM had her own invitation, but her parents and younger siblings were on one.  When her parents RSVPed that only they were attending, I was a little suprised and called my BM to ask about it.  She checked with her parents, and it turns out they didn't look closely at the invitation, and didn't realize the siblings were invited.  This was the only instance where this happened, though, so I don't think you will run into too many problems if you just address the envelope to all who are invited.
  • Options
    We put everyone's names on the envelope and then also wrote in everyone's names on that line on the response card. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    thank you everyone

• Options
    What if you don't know the children's names??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_i-want-to-make-sure-that-people-know-kids-are-welcome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5671c01c-f073-4996-93a8-3b0660f45ca1Post:47de3830-e650-49c0-8cca-02b00838b681">Re: I want to make sure that people know kids are welcome!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if you don't know the children's names??
    Posted by butterflyblue6[/QUOTE]

<div>In my case I will know the names of any of the children Im inviting, however if you didnt I would address the envelope Mr. and Mrs. So and So and Family that should cover anyone living in the home.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards