Delaware
Options

Bridal Show

Hello Ladies... I am attending my first Bridal Show this weekend and I wanted to find out if any of you guys have ever been to one or not. What should I be expecting at one of these things? Did you find it helpful in your planning or was it just a bunch of inattentive vendors hocking business cards and free samples? Any input would help. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Show

• Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the 1 in Chesapeake? that's the best 1 i've ever been to. i went to it a few years ago. have fun ^_^

just be careful who u give ur info to. I would suggest only giving an email address, cause sometimes if a vendor doesn't feel they're going to get your business, they'll sell your information to compensate. 

but don't worry about the vendors not caring. talk to them, & if they seem pleasant, then they most likely are. u can also get a great deal if u snag a vendor from an expo. my sister got her DJ from one...guy knocked off a couple $100 just because she picked him up at the expo.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im trying to go to that one too. Never been but it seems like it would be fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I am going to the one in Chesapeake!!  Anyone else going???
  • Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to one in Wilmington. It was fun! It's definately cool to walk around and see all the vendors. A few of them have little bags of goodies. There are cake tastings and the one I went to gave out prizes. I won a 2 night stay at the Christiana Hilton. I lost them though when I was moving so never got to use them :(  Definately go and take a girlfriend or two!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make a new e-mail address just to give to vendors so you don't get spam clogging your regular account.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be there too :)

Wear comfy shoes and a wristlet.  It will be busy
  • Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a website for this bridal show?   I hadn't heard about this one. 

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.chesapeakecitybridalshow.com

Here you go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will definately get a new email address. Thanks for that tip! Great idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OHHH!!!  I want to go but I can't because I'm stuck working from 12-8.  Boo!
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the address!!

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    huttonjhuttonj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be there too! Yes - lots of people! I heard it might rain though. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    huttonjhuttonj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just looked -- if it rains it will be inside the Ches Inn. Phew!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    either way, the Chesapeake inn will be open for tours & some vendors will be located inside as well. so if u haven't picked a location, it's a good place to check out. they have minimum amounts of money that u have to spend with them in order to rent the ballroom ($8k for in season, Apr-Sept; $4k for off season, Oct-Mar) but that amount of money accounts for the food, cake, china, service, bar, & a few other things. Ed (the manager) is a great guy too.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards