Wedding Party
Options

Flower Girl?

FI has a 4 year-old niece.

Is there an unspoken rule that young, immediate family members should play a role in the wedding?

We have zero wedding party - no BM or GM. It's just not our style. 

I get the feeling from FI's family they feel somehow slighted this little girl doesn't have a role in our wedding.

Re: Flower Girl?

• Options
    You do not have to have anyone in the wedding if you don't want to.  If you do not want a wedding party or a flower girl then don't have one.  If these people honestly feel slighted that their child isn't in the wedding they will need to get over it.

• Options
    Take the road of least drama.  If you don't have her as the FG, is it going to start WWIII with his family?  Would you expect her to be an unholy terror at the ceremony?  Would anyone else start grumping that you should be having other attendants if you do have a FG?  How does your FI honestly feel about the situation?  Would he want her there even without the family's reaction?

Only you know the answers to these questions.  Talk to your FI, weigh all the scenarios, and go with the one that's the smallest headache.  I will echo Stage that you're not likely to get much pushback if you just say that you're not having any attendants of any size, because then it's nothing personal.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards