Illinois

Need Reception Venue Ideas! Aurora-Champaign

I am looking for a place to have an AFFORDABLE wedding ceremony and reception somewhere between Aurora and Champaign.  Our families live 3-4 hours from eachother so anywhere in between would work.  Peoria, Kankakee, Champaign, Naperville, etc.  Please help!

Re: Need Reception Venue Ideas! Aurora-Champaign

• edited December 2011
    I'm really happy with The Gaslite Manor in Aurora.  They are part of of Banquet Pros who also own and manage The Lincoln Inn and The Courtyard.  They have three cost levels depending on the location and the food is EXCELLENT.   PM me if you have any questions!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! Interesting enough, my fiance and his family live very close to Champaign...I live in Naperville....and my family lives in New Lenox. So pretty much I looked everywhere as well!
    I have a lower budget, so I actually was thrilled with what I found.
    My venue is at the Four Rivers Environmental Educational Center in channahon and I love it. Only downfall is it only holds 160 people...
    Check it out though. There is also a place in Grant Park that is a little mansion that is very reasonable!
    Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • charlotte1819charlotte1819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You named a lot of decent sized towns in between the two towns. In Kankakee there is an old movie theater that was just converted into a banquet hall. It is called the Majestic. I had a similar dilemma finding a place between Kankakee and Aurora and we decided to go with The Orland Chateau in Orland Park, it is really affordable and so far they have been really easy to work with and very accommodating
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    im doing mine in channahan at the will county forest preserve. it holds up to 160 people and over looks the illinois river. its beautiful!!!!!!! and  reasonable and preferred caters so there a big food selection. at good prices. the venue rental is cheep compared to contigay park,  narnia estate, or the arboretum! (all places i would have loved to have an outdoor ceremony!

http://www.reconnectwithnature.org/visitor-centers/freec
    August 2011 siggy challenge: Fur Baby! Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards