June 2013 Weddings

Invites.

Few questions today: 1. When do I send out invites? I have seen anywhere from 4 months down to my app that says 1 month! 2. What all do I need to include in the invite. I did a save the date, so I know of the actual invite and RSVP card; anything else?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invites.

• On your accommodation card did you just recommend some? I can't pay for them so I don't know how that works.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You don't pay for your guests' hotel rooms,  but what you can do is contact a suitable hotel near your venue and request a room block. Typically, they will offer a discounted rate to wedding guests who book rooms.

• Also, you can list it on your accomodations card along the lines of "A block of rooms have been reserved at a discounted rate at the XXXXX Hotel, City State. Please call 555-555-5555 and reference the Yourlastname-Hislastname wedding. Rooms must be reserved by the X of Month to receive the preferred rate."

• Stupid question: I only have to put those accommodation cards in put of towners invites right? Save some work/money. Thank you ladies so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also put them in every invitation, because a lot of our local guests are also staying at the hotel to avoid driving home after a night of drinking.
  • I used the back of our invitation for extraneous information like accomodations and directions. I listed the hotel name, address, phone number, and noted the amount of rooms blocked off. I mailed my invitations just after the three month mark. Dropped them in the mail March 3rd on my way out of town. My wedding is June 1st. We wanted the extra time since our whole guest list is pretty much OOT.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • if you have a wedding website, you can put all the extra info there.  We are sending invites first week of April, for our June 7th wedding (8 week mark). Our rsvps are due back may 7th.  We did invitation and response card since ceremony and reception are at the same location.  I will be including an extra info page with hotels we have blocked and then it says visit our website for more info http://meandhim@ourwedding.com. On the website has the hotel info (detailed), directions, etc.

also if your reception is at a different location, you should include a reception card as well. 

Anniversary
  • Ours are going out the first of April. They include:

Invitation
    RSVP card
    Stamped, addressed RSVP envelope
    Card with map of venue and hotels with blocked rooms, including addresses for GPS units
    Hotel block info insert that I also included in save-the-dates
    Reception card

June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think I'm going to go ahead and put all this info you all have me in the invites. Some of my guests can't work a computer lol. Thanks ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards