Michigan-Detroit

Tell Us Tuesday

When and how did you meet your fiance?  How long after you met until you started dating?  Became serious?  How long into the relationship until he proposed?

Re: Tell Us Tuesday

• We met at his work. My mom also works there and I was out running errands with her on a Sunday. She needed something from her desk so we stopped in. Also she wanted me to meet him because she thought he was cute.

We went on our first "Date" about two weeks later.

We really didn't become serious until about two months after our first date.

He proposed on our  one year dating anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When and how did you meet your fiance? 
    We met in March 2004 (our Freshman year o college) in a friend's dorm room.  We were all going to a house party that night and met up in her room.

How long after you met until you started dating? 
    We didn't start dating until September 2004 as we didn't really see each other again after we met but we kept in touch online via AIM (ahh remember Instant Messenger?!)  We ended up living on the same floor our Sophomore year which worked out really well :)

Became serious? 
    We were pretty serious when we started since we were exclusive.  He told me he loved me about 3 months in.

How long into the relationship until he proposed?

He propsed on September 11, 2009 - 2 days after our 5th anniversary.
  • We met our sophomore year of college and we were friends for a while and we started dating soon after since we spent lots of time together. In March of 2003 it got serious. He proposed November 24th 2011 this past Thanksgiving!
    Dating since we were 19 and finally getting Married! Engaged November 24th 2011 and Getting Married August 26th 2012! Jillie and Cole! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DH and I met when we both took the same study abroad class to Florence and Rome over Spring Break 2010 (Feb.).  We hung out together along with other people all through our four days in Rome, but the first time we really made a connection was our first night in Florence. 

Everyone went out for gelato, but we were the last two of the group through the door.  It turned out that the place was so tiny that there weren't any seats for he and I, so we decided to eat it while walking around the neighboring blocks.  After all - it's Florence!  Why not explore?  We ended up getting lost.  And because it was 10-11:00 at night and raining, there was no one to ask for directions.  We wandered the streets of Florence together in the rain for almost two hours before finally making it back to the hotel.  Along the way, we constructed an epic story about all the adventures we had had and the foes we had fought off (a band of ninjas, a kraken rising from the Arno...) to explain why we'd been gone so long, since he was embarrassed that with all his military training, he'd still gotten lost in a small city.  :)  We were inseparable for the rest of the trip.

Once we got home, we tried to hang out as friends (I was seeing someone at the time). But after a few weeks he fessed up that he loved me.  So I made the decision, did what I had to, and within a week or two we were dating.  It was serious immmediately.

He proposed on February 28, 2011, about 11 months after we started dating.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When and how did you meet your fiance?  Working at Roeper Summer Day Camp in August 2008. (We didn't meet at the beginning of the summer because I was working at an overnight camp I was sent home from after having pneumonia.)
    How long after you met until you started dating? 5 and a half months.
    Became serious?  8 months? Less than 2 months into the relationship I was in the Army and didn't see him for 2 months and when I was discharged for a broken back, I was really depressed so it took a couple months... 
    How long into the relationship until he proposed? 18 and a half months...
  • edited December 2011
    When and how did you meet your fiance? We met on February 4th, 2008. I worked on his client for a few months. I crashed my car that morning, had a terrible cold, and was a total mess but he helped me with my insurance and bought me some DayQuil - I was smitten :) How long after you met until you started dating? 2 months. I was dating someone else when we met but it was a terrible relationship. Became serious? At that time, we were working 16+ hours a day, 7 days a week, so we got to know each other pretty quick! We both knew what we wanted and it got serious fast :) How long into the relationship until he proposed? A little over 2 years.

He was friends with one of my friends boyfriends. My friend had people over, and we clicked immediately, my friends didnt even think to try to set us up!

How long after you met until you started dating?  Became serious?

We met in August of 2007, but didnt start officially dating until November 2007. We got pretty serious fast, but it did take him almost a year to tell me he loved me.

He proposed August 20, 2011, about 4 years after we first met.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    Up at my cottage, July 2009.  My family's cottage is on a small island..he has 2 uncles who also have cottages there.  I've known his family my entire life and he's known mine forever, we just for whatever reason (haha fate!) hadn't met until then.

Officially, maybe 2 months. We talked constantly from that point on but when we had met we both actually had SOs.  Neither of us wanted to stop talking to each other/seeing each other and it was clearly becoming inappropriate so we broke it off with our SOs. I know, so scandelous.

Became serious? 
    Fairly quickly, especially considering we lived 5 hours apart. You have to be serious to make something like that work. A lotttt of driving. I knew I loved him about 3 months after I met him.

About a year and a half
    June 16, 2012
     We met on our work bowling league

5 days :) though H doesn't think that was our first date because neither of us were sure it was a date even though we both wanted it to be 

Became serious? 
    He told me he loved me after 3-4 months together, we were talking about moving in together when my lease was up, but ended up breaking my lease when we found a great place and moved in together after 9 months

15 months... we had a 15 month engagement as well so we were together about 2 1/2 years before we got married.
    May 5, 2003. It was the first day of summer break from MSU and my cousin had been wanting us to meet. On the third attempt, it finally happened.

We became official on May 26, so 3 weeks :)

Became serious?
    In August, I found out FI was scheduled to move to Florida that weekend and NEVER told me! He decided he wanted to stay. When I moved back to MSU in August- I knew it wasn't jus a summer fling.

8 years minus 2 days :) He knew I was "expecting it" on our anniversary, so he did it 2 days before.
  • FI and I met in 8th grade. We "dated" for a few months. We stayed pretty good friends through High School. When we were in our first year of college he would tell me he missed me and couldn't wait until I got home and blah blah. I thought he was just saying that because he wanted to get some, so I was very hesitant to see him when our first year was through.

We finally hung out after I got home from school and something just clicked. I fell head over heels for the kid and here we are almost 7 years later. After about 2 years of dating we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, but financially we were far from ready. He proposed in April 2011, just shy of our 6 year anniversary.
    We met in high school, we both attended a special school in the afternoon so we could take computer classes. I was one of two girls in the class so I definitely stood out! 

How long after you met until you started dating?  Became serious? 
    We dated BRIEFLY in high school but were both way too immature to make anything last (we dated about 4 months after we first met and it only lasted for 1 month). We lost contact for a while after high school and then in my junior year of college we randomly started talking again and when I came home for the holidays we hung out - I told him we COULDN'T date because of the distance thing (I was in school in Grand Rapids and he still lived in metro-detroit) but January 11th, 2008 he drove across the state through a snowstorm just to spend a couple of hours hanging out...and that's when we REALLY started dating and it was pretty serious immediately.

We have known eachother for 9 years, dated seriously for 4 and a half years before deciding we were going to get married. He didn't actually propose to me though, I sort of asked him :)
  • When and how did you meet your fiance?  We met officially in September 2004 in our anatomy and physiology class.  Unofficially, the semester before that.
    How long after you met until you started dating?  We started dating in August 2008 so a little under 4 years after we met.
    Became serious?  It became serious about maybe 3 or 4 months in.
    How long into the relationship until he proposed? He proposed October 9, 2010 so a little over 2 years.
  • Dan andI knew each other in passing since 8th grade.  A year after our 30th high school reunion (2009) I friended him on FB in September 2010.  In December he asked me out for coffee and we met in January 2011 and started dating then.

Funny thing - he was dating one of my BFF in high school and took her to the prom, but I didn't know about it until he showed me a prom pic of the two of them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tell-tuesday-120?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:957626d1-f38e-4cd2-bff4-2d635c2067f0Post:8c292b27-f223-4e9c-8898-12468eacffac">Re: Tell Us Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dan andI knew each other in passing since 8th grade.  A year after our 30th high school reunion (2009) I friended him on FB in September 2010.  In December he asked me out for coffee and we met in January 2011 and started dating then. <strong>Funny thing - he was dating one of my BFF in high school and took her to the prom, but I didn't know about it until he showed me a prom pic of the two of them!</strong>
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]
    Haha that is funny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards