Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Good Morning!

What does everyone have planned today? I am going to sort through the piles of old photos I have here to find a couple good old ones of my MOH and I. I did a 4 picture frame for him as a part of his thank you gift, plan on getting pictures at the shower & bachlorette for 2 of them, but I want to find 2 older ones to put in too :) 

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    Nice idea! FIs son will be coming over today so they will be in our back room playing games all day. I need to catch up on a lot of shows I've recorded. I also need to type of some kind of email to my *sshole supervisor about my grand jury duty. Im not sure if I should include her boss and HR in it. I need to know if they are willing to help me out with work. I will definitely be missing two days a month (one I'm actually off for) but I am on call and those two days could extend to a week if there are a lot of witnesses. My thought is, will they let me work from home to make up some time? I've done it before while in nursing school and we have two girls that work from home. Only problem is that we have the new owners, but I gotta find out what they will help me with before it starts!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I would include the others in the email, just to cover your butt, your supervisor is less likely to be an *sshole if he's being held acountable :) 

I am so stuffed up I feel like my head is going to EXPLODE lol 
  • Options
    Morning all. Nothing major planned today. I am entertaining the idea of doing wrap around address labels for our invites since my printer has decided envelopes are not going to happen. Or regular labels, IDK. My handwriting is the pits so I need an alternative. Looking into those today. Any ideas ladies? Or tutorials you have seen?

My dog is sitting on my lap right now and has the hiccups. Its so cute. 

Jen- I am pretty sure (but my sureness is based on just sense and nothing I have ever seen) that companies are legally obliged to assist employees who are called for any kind of jury duty. I mean, if everyone got fired or effed over when they got called no one would ever be able to serve except retirees. I would CC your HR person though just so they can chime in if supervisor gets all assy. 

Britt- I think after the wedding is over you need to go into some planning/crafting business on the side. Seriously- I would hire you. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Jenn - When you email, definitely include HR. I think everyone involved will be more than willing to work for you, especially since you're willing to get the work done. I'm also 98% sure there's nothing they can do about you being on a grand jury. They cannot fire you over it.

I've already done my food shopping and laundry. It's rainy, and there's no football on. I have no idea what to do with the rest of my day.
  • Options
    Brittany I never saw a dog with hiccups! I did address labels on my PC for my first wedding and I'm doing them for my sisters shower. I bought Avery labels and did what they told me and it was simple! My hand writing is awful too!! I did call my supervisor Friday( it's a she, that's why she's a big b*tch!) and told her what's going on and she says "can't you get out of it". Gee...I'd love too!!! I know they can't fire me, but I'm hoping they will find a way to help me work the hours I will miss. I think they will allow me to work on Saturdays but, I dont wanna lol! I'd rather come home and work a few extra hours! Britt don't tell me your sick again!
  • Options
    Ashley, food shopping is the worst ever, I hate it. FI likes to go with me so that's a plus! Btw....I lost 4 lbs! I didn't realize because my scale battery has been dead but we got a new one! I was so happy cause I though I was just staying the same after all my hard word! Back to the gym tonight, I didn't go the last 3 days but went all week!
  • Options
    Jenn - Blame FI! He was uber sick, and I've been taking care of him all weekend, noticed yesterday that I was getting the sniffles and today full blown congestion... at this point just happy that its kept itself to just a head cold! 

Brittany - Thanks! I have debated opening an Etsy store after the wedding a few times, realized I really do enjoy doing this stuff :) 

Girls - I need you to do something for me like you did for Cathy lol! We're also voting for our siggy pictures, and I LOVE the option of a photo of you and your FI that defines love, I think it SO suits Feb with Vday, but it looks like Honeymoon location might get it.... which we could do ANY month lol So if you're bored, head over to Sept 2012 and vote hahaha
  • Options
    Good Afternoon!!  Fi and I got up at about noon!!  Heis helping a friend with his can and I am inside watching Teen Mom 2 on Netflix.  I think that we are going to play some more Indy.  I think that I am going to work on my scrapbook a little bit today too.

Jenn - CC at least HR so they know what is going on.  And yay for losing 4 lbs.

Brittney - I would say do them on labels in the same font that you were going to do the envelopes in.  You may need bigger labels though.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Britt, done! Hopefully you won't be sick tomorrow! Cathy I wish I could sleep till noon!
  • Options
    Thanks! I better not be sick tomorrow!!!! I need to be well for day 1 at the new job! 
  • Options
    Hahah  I was just gonna ask the same poll favor.  We're rigging it... :p
  • Options
    Jenn -- Congrats on losing four pounds! Definitely include HR on the email and if they let you work from home before, don't see why it would be a problem now. It's not like you volunteered to be part of this grand jury stuff!

Just got back from the grocery store and doing some work on invitations and that jazz this afternoon. My mom had a cute idea this morning -- use starfish for the guy's boutinneers. Love that! Going to do some research on that too. 
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for doing work on Invitations :) I know you said you had the 'bug' lol
  • Options
    Lora, I love the starfish idea, that is an awesome idea!
  • Options
    It is a great idea :) I am going through all the Vday cards I made with my niece and picking out the best ones to send to you ladies doing the exchange :) 
  • Options
    I have been so lazy today. FI is still in bed ! His birthday was last night and we drank one beer too many. I forgot how awful being hungover is. Ugggg
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Britt- done. 

Cathy- ya I think that is what I am going to do. I was going to go to Office Max today... but I am too lazy to get out of my PJ pants so it might be a after work someday option. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    FI wants to go grocery shopping and I am SO  not feeling it right now hahaha My head is so congested I feel like its going to blow up lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards