California-San Diego

Downtown ceremony location?

Hi there!

My fiancé and I will be having a reception on 9.22.12 at the Ultimate Skybox downtown! We are considering having the ceremony there as well, however we are exploring other options as well. I would like to find a location that is outside that could also be an option, we love The Skybox, however I'm not sure that the outdoor space is large enough for our ceremony. We are also concerned about having to set up for the ceremony and then the time that it would take to break that all down for the reception. We are both Christian, but neither of us belong to any churches and we wouldn't want to have to go to any classes to get married in a church. We are open to any and all suggestions!

TIA! :)

Re: Downtown ceremony location?

• BelleIselleBelleIselle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's nice park space at the Embarkadero down near seaport village.  You'd have the bay as your backdrop :)
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me again! Have you decided on what hotel you'll be getting ready at? Maybe look into hotels in the area that you could get ready at / stay at the night of your wedding and have the ceremony there for ease's sake. If it's one of the ones right around the ballpark your guests could walk the 1 - 2 blocks to the Skybox to cut down on a transportation cost if you planned to transport guests from spot to spot (if they are OOT). I'm thinking Hotel Solamar Rooftop? Or something like that? If you have OOT guests you could set up your room block there too? We did our room block wth the Hard Rock Hotel as well as got ready / pre-photos there. They do ceremonies there too but I wasn't in love with the spot they hold them in.
  • SheliaPierceSheliaPierce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would suggest: The Embarcadero/Seaport Village Area, or even Balboa Park/Prado? The San Diego Zoo has a wedding area (if you like animals), Contemporary Museum of Modern Art...And if you need a hotel block for sleeping accommodations, please give me a call at Hotel Indigo. While we are a boutique hotel and cannot host a large wedding, we do have fantastic sleeping rooms I could negotiate a rate!

Good luck!
    Shelia

• MrsCourtney2UMrsCourtney2U member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea Laura! I'm going to check out some hotels in the area. I will definitely start with Hotel Solamar! Are you sure you don't want to start a career in wedding planning? lol
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Administrative Courtyard.  We were going to have our ceremony there for a reception of hte El Cortez.

Full discloure.....we cahnged our mind because I was going crazy about the plane noise.  but everyone I brought there said no one would mind it.  I just did :)  But it's a beautiful spot and would still recommend it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards