Getting in Shape
Options

South Beach Diet

Is anyone on this diet or have they tried it? Any success with it? I'm thinking of giving it a try.

Re: South Beach Diet

• Options
    I did it 2 years ago and it was the best diet I have ever been on. Since I was not extremely overweight I allowed myself to drink coffee and alcohol once in a while but even with not following those two rules I lost about 20 pounds in less than 2 months.
    Of course I went to the gym as well which helps. I started this diet in August and by December I had lost 40 pounds.
    It's really easy to follow and the recipes are amazing! I still cook some meals using those recipes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used it to jump-start my weight loss a while back, and I lost 8 pounds on it the first 2 weeks.  The best part was that it completely extinguished my carb/sugar addiction.  The first couple of days were rough because I was constantly craving bread/pasta/anything white and starchy (I was eating it nonstop), but after that the cravings subsided and now I have a much, much healthier relationship with cabrs and sugar.  I no longer crave it obsessively like I used to, and I can be satisfied by some fruit or one little piece of hard candy now, instead of needing TONS of sugar after a meal to be happy.

I also found that the first phase really helped me make the switch from unclean eating to clean eating; it was like a new start for me, which was nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • Options
    My doctor put me on it starting this week because I have high cholesterol. Today is only my second day. I feel fine so far; I'm at a healthy weight so I'm not doing it to lose weight, I just don't want to be put on cholesterol meds before I'm 25. Phase one is definitely going to be hard, but it's just two weeks so I think I'll make it
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm glad people have had success on it. I started it today and it's not so bad but it's only been a day. I hope I can make it through 14 days.
  • Options
    You'll do great! It's easy and really will change your eating style.
    Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards