Iowa-Des Moines

Hotel reception sites

Hi,

I'm wanting to have my reception at a hotel. I was thinking the ramada on merle hay, Do you guys have any suggestions?

Re: Hotel reception sites

• edited December 2011

Yes! We're having our reception at the Renaissance Savery downtown. A little info I can tell you - They don't charge rental fees for their ballrooms, they just have a food and beverage minimum. I don't know if these change per ballroom or are dependant on anything, but ours is a minimum of $6000. I love that hotel in general, but also they do all the set up, include all the tables and chairs, and have centerpieces (hurricane vase with candle, on mirrored tile, with 3 votive candles) that are included. Also a champange toast for all and they include a hotel room for the night for the bride and groom. Sorry to go on and on, but that'll at least give you some info to get your started!

• kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank You. How many guest are u planning?
  • edited December 2011
    You could also check out the Hilton Garden Inn at 86th in Johnston or there is a really nice Holiday Inn out by Jordan Creek.  Also, the Embassy Suites downtown is nice and they are redoing all the rooms right now, so it should be really nice when they are finished. HTH
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Holiday Inn at Jordan Creek in West Des Moines. 

Our reception will be approximately 200-250 people.

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse does all of the food.

The wedding coordinator there has been a pleasure to work with.  I'd highly recommend it.

We also looked at the Sheraton in West Des Moines and the Marriott on Jordan Creek Parkway. 

We chose a hotel close to the interstate, since all of our families are from smaller towns in NW and NE Iowa!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards