African American Weddings
Options

Hello to all my Beautiful AAW Knotties

Hello Ladies!!!!!

Long time no talk!! I'm sitting here at my desk and I see that I still have a shortcut link for the Knot on my web browser and I thought to myself, "Girl, its been too long...go see what the ladies are up to" Hah so here I am! I see some familiar faces on here, but just to remind you I got married in August 2010 (almost a year ago!!! eek) and married life is WONDERFUL!!!!!! Of course there have been some downs but at the end of the day we are committed to each other and are building our lives together, so if we have any problems we always work through them and become stronger. We are planning on buying our first home next year and we want to start the "trying to get pregnant" process at the end of the year. We already have a beautiful 3 yr old boy and are hoping for a girl, of course!

I am still surrounded by weddings as my sister-in-law is getting married in December and I'm her MOH. Plus its that time in our lives where all our friends are getting married so there is always a shower, engagement party or wedding invite in our mailbox.

I hope you guys are having a fun planning process. Enjoy it, because right after the honeymoon it is back to "real life". Don't sweat the small stuff because no will even care if your monogram is on your menu or if one of your bridesmaids doesn't have matching shoes. They just care about the love and energy in the room (oh and food/drink/music too :P )

Oh and before I sign off I wanted to show you our Honeymoon Feature in the Spring 2011 issue of the Knot mag. We were so excited that they honored us with this feature. Scrapbook material!! :)

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2ibgj2g.jpg[/IMG]

eekk... I forgot how to embed pics... sorry :/

Take care ladies!!!

Lots of love - Nicole
~ Planning Bio~
~ Married Bio~
~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All You Need Is Love....

Re: Hello to all my Beautiful AAW Knotties

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...it's almost been a year!!! Time really flew that's scary!! Thanks for checking in on us, for the advice and sharing your feature in the Knot mag!

Best Wishes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww I remember your wedding post. So glad you came back in to check up on us here .So glad married life is wonderful

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love to see when oldies but goodies come back to share advice etc.. Thanks for sharing the honeymoon page!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello there....Glad to see you stopped by! Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards