December 2012 Weddings
Options

Last Minute Jitters

I am 5 days away from my wedding. Everything is done and taken care of, right now I should just be sitting back and enjoying the ride. Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited but I don't feel excited. I feel happy that we are going to be husband and wife and am excited to spend the rest of our lives together but I am not excited for the actual wedding. In reality I feel scared. I am afraid of walking down the aisle. I hate being the center of attention and the thought of everyone looking at me freaks me out. I want to feel excited I don't want to be scared of my wedding. Anyone have a similar experience or any advice? I'm open to everything right now, all I want is to be able to truthfully answer yes when someone asks if I am excited.

Re: Last Minute Jitters

• Options
    I'm getting married Saturday too!! And I feel exactly the same way. I'm excited, happy, scared and sad all at the same time. It's a mixture of weird of emotions. One chapter ending, another beginning, happy and excited to finally be husband and wife, and scared because I too don't like being the center of attention (and unfortunately I have a long aisle). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ msmarykatherine, Dont worry, everything is going well. when you are walking on the
    aisle, just thinking you are on the way to be the wife. Wink
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm no the only one feeling this way. My wedding isn't until the 29th, but I am already feeling a crazy mix of happiness, excitement, and horror that the whole. day. is going to be about me and my fiance, and what if it doesn't go right, and what if what if what if. Everyone keeps telling me to calm down and enjoy these last few days but I feel like I'm losing it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married on the 15th too and feel the same way. I hate having all eyes on me but I just keep telling myself I shouldn't even notice as long as my new husband is at my side suffering right along with me! I've had knots in my stomach, waking up through out the night. I can't decide if the 15th is too far away or just too darn close! Keep ur chin up it will be good in the end!
  • Options
    I'm getting married on the 16th.  I'm the same way...feel like I should be all warm fuzzy and "the happiest I've ever been"  Not so much....I a little stressed about some last minute stuff, a bit overwhelmed, and really really TIRED!!!!!  It's nice to hear other people being honest about all of the ups and downs.  
  • Options
    Cngrats to all, and happy married life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards