December 2013 Weddings

Would you kid a high school drop out

Re: Would you kid a high school drop out

• Maybe. How douchey and/or self-righteous are they?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends on the situation and the grammar mistake.  Most of it is taught in elementary school...
    Happy Spring!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Misuse of alot, there, their, they're and text talk (b4, r u, 2nite) etc.
    I make fun of DH but the man graduated college.  I make fun of everyone actually then I remember some of them didn't finish high school so I feel slightly cvntish
  • I make fun of my youngest sister for her text talk. She didn't graduate HS. But I also know she knows better. If I didn't have to sound it out aloud and have my H confirm my interpretation, I might not, but it's like trying to read hireoglyphics.
    Team Basement Cat imageKnitting&Kitties
  • That stuff is taught before high school. 

Additionally, dropping out is a choice, and so is failing to go back for a GED. 

If this person is willfully ignorant, then let them have it.

kthxbi.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_would-kid-high-school-drop-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:76ae9844-4186-4ad1-a5ec-f476149ec81bPost:648792c1-6e51-4f03-8916-124e1508aa7b">Re: Would you kid a high school drop out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I make fun of my youngest sister for her text talk. She didn't graduate HS. But I also know she knows better. If I didn't have to sound it out aloud and have my H confirm my interpretation, I might not, but it's like trying to read hireoglyphics.
    Posted by meshaliu[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!!  Every fucking time I am like "There is a message here.  I see letters but I cannot figure out for the life of me what thefuck they are trying to say!"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2013-weddings_would-kid-high-school-drop-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:86fad5ed-d98c-49cb-bb5d-a1193bae6f18Discussion:76ae9844-4186-4ad1-a5ec-f476149ec81bPost:bd403daf-0618-485a-81b1-ae52fd1130ad">Re: Would you kid a high school drop out</a>:
    [QUOTE]That stuff is taught before high school.  Additionally, dropping out is a choice, and so is failing to go back for a GED.  If this person is willfully ignorant, then let them have it. kthxbi.
    Posted by SIIHPAPP[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.  They are adults now functioning in the real world.  They should know the differences and when to use them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto SIIHPAPP. If they don't want to be kidded about it, maybe they should have finished HS, or try a little harder.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards