January 2012 Weddings

Family Drama on My SIde...

UGH! This is a LONG story, but I'm going to make it short. Here it goes,,, My dad is going through a lot right now b/c of something going on at work, It's caused him to go into depression and start drinking. He's started hanging out with girls in their 20's (my dad is 52). He's even brought 1 home to the house and had my mom cook dinner for her. As if this weren't enough he told my mom that he wants a divorce. And just when did he decided to tell her this??? The Monday before the two of them are suppsoed to fly to PA for my wedding. My mom called me last night and was in tears telling me she didn't know what to do. She was already so nervous about flying because she has never flown before and this isn't helping. Especially when my dad is saying he might let her walk around the Atlanta airport on her own when they get off the plane from Philly to get the connecting flight. She was so upset yesterday her boss told her to go home. My dad is being so nasty to her. If my mom doesn't come because of him I am not going to be able to forgive him. He's already done so much to cause our family pain. If I had my choice who came down if it could only be one of them it would be my mom. We think he knows that and is lashing out because of it. I really don't think he deserves the honor of walking me down the isle. My FI and I are not sure what to do. Help please!!! Advice! I hope there are still people on here...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Family Drama on My SIde...

• Oh no! I'm sorry this is all going on, your poor mom! Do remind her that he can ask for help and airports are usually well marked so as log as he knows her gate she can get to get connecting flight without his help! I hope she makes it and the drama can be put on hold for your day! Do you have any siblings or someone that knows everyone? Use them as a middle man, stay away from your dad and don't let him ruin things for you. ::hugs:: keep us posted and good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really hope this all gets worked out. Your mom shouldn't worry too much about flying or getting lost at the airport because there are many many workers all around willing to help her.

As far as your dad goes, hopefully he will realize that this is a very special day for you and he will stop his childish behavior. Maybe you can call him today and tell him how much his behavior is hurting you. 

Good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ditto what Tara said.  Maybe try talking to him.  And airports are very helpful.  I'd flown several times but the first time I had to fly by myself I was very nervous.  A lot of airports will have maps on their websites if would help your mom to have something before going showing her where to go.  HUGS!!! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hugs sweetie

Ditto what others have said.  I have been to the AL airport and its very easy to find your way around.  Another option, would be to see if someone can fly down and fly back with her.  I am sure that isn't an option for you guys but maybe an aunt or cousin.

Keep us updated love. Don't let this ruin your day.  I know that you are strong and will get through it!
  • I am so sorry. I would hesitate to make any firm decisions with your dad walking you down the aisle, until you have had time to cool down. I hope everything works out for you. I do agree with what evereyone else has said though.
  • Honestly, if I were you, I'd take some time off of work and fly my happy ass up there to regulate the sitation.  I'd let him know how selfish he's being and tell him that he needs to fricken get it together before he loses everything/everyone in his life.  I'd also probabaly fly my mom down to stay with me so that she could come to the wedding and leave him fend for himself.  It honestly sounds like he's going through some type of midlife crisis mixed with his work drama.  Tell him to grow up and get it together.  My family tries to pull some crazy sh*t on me sometimes.  Acting crazy.  Luckily, they only live 2 hours away and they know it won't be pretty if I have to drive into town and "regulate".  I'm sorry.  and I'm sad for you that this is going on right before your wedding.  Just try to deal with it as best you can and do whatever you have to do to have your mom there with you.  Your dad needs some tough love.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_family-drama-side?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:da28537b-2eb1-4385-9c62-691fd5a3fc24Post:15f5af81-3d80-49f4-a3e7-3f36192e78d6">Re: Family Drama on My SIde...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, if I were you, I'd take some time off of work and fly my happy ass up there to regulate the sitation.  I'd let him know how selfish he's being and tell him that he needs to fricken get it together before he loses everything/everyone in his life.  I'd also probabaly fly my mom down to stay with me so that she could come to the wedding and leave him fend for himself.  It honestly sounds like he's going through some type of midlife crisis mixed with his work drama.  Tell him to grow up and get it together.  My family tries to pull some crazy sh*t on me sometimes.  Acting crazy.  Luckily, they only live 2 hours away and they know it won't be pretty if I have to drive into town and "regulate".  I'm sorry.  and I'm sad for you that this is going on right before your wedding.  Just try to deal with it as best you can and do whatever you have to do to have your mom there with you.  Your dad needs some tough love.  
    Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]

I was going to say all of this!! Hang in there sweetie and don't let this ruin your special day.  
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards