Outdoor Weddings
Options

help with flowers

So, I have met with two florists, one not so helpful, the other very helpful. I do not have any quotes on prices yet, as I am sort of a flower dummy and don't know exactly what I want. After meeting with one of them, I decided that I am probably going to do real touch/real look (whatever they're called) silk peonies for my bouquet, as an August wedding doesn't really allow for real ones. I don't have a problem with doing silk flowers as long as they're high quality and look and feel real. My colors are light grey, light pink, and light yellow. The guys are going to be wearing grey tuxes (the groom in a darker shade of grey). My florist suggested having my peony bouquet be the only peonies at the wedding so that it stands out, and I am going to definitely have them be in a light pink color. I'm trying to decide if I want to just do the peonies alone or if I need to have some accent flowers in there. She suggested lisianthus, but I'm not sure. Also not sure if I should have a little bit of the yellow in there or just go with an all light pink peony bouquet. So hard to decide! Any suggestions? Also, thinking about having the bridesmaids have a small bouquet of 3 "football mums" in either white or yellow, depending on what color of dresses they decide. (if they are wearing yellow dresses, then white flowers). Since we're going with big flowers for the bouquets, what are some other flowers for the corsages and boutennieres, etc. that will kind of go with the "romantic, lacy, and soft" look that I'm kind of going for here? I am so lost with this stuff! Any suggestions would be helpful! 

Re: help with flowers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards