Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Results from our Honeymoon Registry

Not asking for opinions or anything like that - simply putting this post out there so girls who may be thinking of a honeymoon registry can get an idea of possible results. 

In addition to do a traditional store registry, we did a honeymoon registry through our local travel agent. There were no fees and they didn't take a portion of the money or anything. I had about 45 people at my shower/give a gift and 19 of them went with the honeymoon registry. We got enough money to cover about one fifth of our total honeymoon cost. We also had people book two excursions for us.

Good luck!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Results from our Honeymoon Registry

• Options
    That's a great result! I'm glad you went with what you wanted and weren't affected by the negative opinions of some people! Enjoy the honeymoon!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. (I wish some people would keep their opinions about etiquette to the etiquette board, everyone has different traditions and backgrounds.)
    We are looking forward to setting up ours soon!
    Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was unable to find a registry that did not have fees.  If I had, I seriously wanted to do one.  Glad it worked out for you!  Enjoy your upcoming HM!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Awesome!  I'll never understand why people are so against the HM registry!  My friend did one for her wedding and it was by far my favorite thing to shop off of!   Have an amazing HM!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's great, especially for those couples who have already furnished a house or apartment. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!! I also think this is a great alternative for couples! Why its such a hot topic, I will never understand! Have Fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome.  I have absolutely no clue how one works...but I'm curious!
  • Options
    I am so happy to hear about this!  I am definitely having one of these, and had no idea if they worked well or not. Thanks for the post!
  • Options
    That's great!  Obviously your family and friends didn't find it tacky.  I plan on setting up a honeymoon cruise registry where our guests can give us gifts while we're on our honeymoon.  I think it's so much more personal than towels and toilet bowl brushes.  Personally, I think it's tacky to ask a guest to buy you a toilet bowl brush.  What would you write in the thank you note?  "I will fondly think of you when I scrub my toilet."
  • Options

My fiance and I really want to do a honeymoon registery too.  Does anyone have any idea which one is the best?  So far, travelersjoy.com looks the best.  Has anyone used this one?

• Options
    Just signed up for TravelersJoy.com I hope its good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using Honeyfund! Every other honeymoon registry online charges a fee (usually somewhere between 7.5-10%. so if your guest gave you $100, and there was a 7.5% fee, you'd only get $92.50), also they only cut you a check once or twice. You get one at one point before the wedding, and the other is usually cut a couple days after the wedding (meaning you can't actually use it on your honeymoon unless you wait 2 weeks to go on your honeymoon).

Honeyfund, however, is different. You make your webpage for free (you can opt to pay $29 to get a premium acct so that there's no ads on your page, you can get a cool background and you can put pictures with all of your items. I am personally doing this as they have a europe background which looks awesome) and then when the guests choose what they want to buy they can either pay by credit card (IF you have a paypal acct. and then paypal does have a charge on it's own of 2.5%. but that's a paypal thing, not a honeyfund thing) or they can pay by cash or check, in which they can mail it to you, or they can bring it to the shower/wedding. The site allows the guest to print off a voucher to give to you guys either with the cash/check, or by itself if paid by credit card, at the wedding/shower that shows what they bought for you. Everything is absolutely free (except paypal's fee, but you can opt NOT to do credit cards and then it is free) and you get the money either directly through your paypal acct or from the guest themselves at the shower/wedding, so there's no waiting for a check to be mailed to you by the honeymoon registry site.

These are all things to keep in mind. I'm doing a honeymoon registry and I think I looked at a dozen different websites reading their fineprint, and then I finally found Honeyfund and decided on them because of the lack of fees. Good luck ladies!
  • Options
    katvtkatvt member
    First Comment
    We signed up on Travelor's Joy as well. We had already payed for our honeymoon (gift from groom's parents :) but we were hoping for some help with excursions and spa treatments. We got everthing we asked for!!!  There is a fee but for us with all the honeymoon presents we received we will only have to pay about $115 of our own money to make up for the fees. We can't wait!!!  Sandals Regency for a whole week! Only 17 days to go!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards