March 2013 Weddings

Getting in shape weekly check in 6/18

Hi ladies! There was some interest in doing a weekly check in to help keep those who are trying to get in shape on track. If you see anything you'd like me to do differently, let me know! I also thought about doing a weekly challenge, if I can get some ideas I can start that too. I have a few ideas and I know they will get repeated here and there but I don't want to repeat them too often :-)

What went well last week?
What were your downfalls last week?
What are your plans for this week?
What are your overall goals?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Getting in shape weekly check in 6/18

• jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    What went well last week? We went camping last week and we did some biking which I haven't done in forever! I wish I had my own bike but now I really want to steal FI's bike and ride around somewhere. I also bought some healthier foods and I'm hoping to keep up that habit.

What were your downfalls last week? We have some junk food around here that needs to go. It's here, I eat it. I also need to cut back on pop. I've told FI this but what did he bring back for me when he stopped at the gas station? Ugh. I needed the caffeine this morning so of course I grabbed it. (I suppose this is more about today than last week but it's a common occurrence).

What are your plans for this week? Get rid of the junk and eat the good food I have in the fridge before it goes bad. For some reason things go bad really quickly in our fridge (we've played with the settings and nothing seems to help) so I want to make sure we eat it or freeze it if we can before it gets gross. Also, more water and less pop!

What are your overall goals? Right now I weigh around 180 (I'm 5'5"). I'm borderline plus size in pants, and I don't want to be. I'm sick of this jiggly belly! Anyways, I'd eventually like to get down to 140-150. I also want to tone up, especially my arms and back. My dress is strapless so I'd love for my upper body to look amazing!

ETA: I'm also on My Fitness Pal, same username over there. Feel free to add me so we can keep each other motivated there too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • hey this is such an awesome idea!

- well...I have been slacking and just got back on track this week.

- everything!  from eating whatever I want to not exercising at all!

- I am going to do cardio and some fitness dvds this week.  I am drinking at least 8 glasses of water.  Counting my calories at 1200 calories/day according to MyFitnessPal.  Using MyDietCoach to keep myself motivated.  Staying away from fried foods and limiting sugar intake (I love desserts!!!)

I would love to lose about 20lbs in 6 months.  It's pretty realistic. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Janna2012Janna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I noticed this post last night right after I had decided to skip yoga... :( ugh. So I decided to not post until this morning... 

Despite having a busy week I was able to work out 4 of 5 mornings! 

Went to a concert and cider fest... Too much cider and junk food with cheese. 

Last night I skipped yoga... but there is another class on Thursday. Maybe this weekend we'll play some Tennis. on top of my regular gym sessions. 

Another 10 - 15 lbs would be great. Tighter arms. Three yoga poses that I want to master by the end of the year... Crow, Toe Stand and supported headstand. 

Oh... another goal is to breakthrough this plateau that I've been stuck on for about 6 weeks. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • This will be perfect!! =)  Thanks! Sorry I'm late

Got back into the gym and re-started my cardio with my fiance.  Always feels so great afterwards that I don't understand why I don't keep up with it.  Did decent with my meals...

I'm fairly new to the "career-world" and my job is pretty physical ... when I get home I just want to crash and am soo tired I can't imagine going to work out.  Also, fiance's grandmother passed so we were home with his family for services which took priority over working out (and rightfully so)..

Was the plan:
    Cardio 3x for 30 minutes each (15 running, 15 elliptical (sp?)
    Free Weights 4-5x (plan per Fi)
    Reality thus far:
    Fi home with poison ivy
    Me home with 104.7 fever, pneumonia, and a yeast infection ...
    awesome. ha.

Long term goal:  15 pounds and less than or equal to 18% body fat by 2013!!
    (short term goals to be announced, I'm too exhausted to think in detail right now!)
  • Sorry for your loss Kari :-( And get well soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards