South Carolina

Typical Price For Reception

Hello ladies! I'm pretty new to the whole wedding planning thing. I'm just curious what the standard price range is for renting a reception site and for the catering. We want something nicer than a church social hall, but not really extravagant either. How much should we expect to pay for catering per person? We don't want to do a seated meal, just heavy hors d'oeuvres. I know prices are going to vary by the area in the state and how nice the place is. I'm just trying to get a ballpark estimate.

Re: Typical Price For Reception

• edited December 2011
    It honestly depends on how many guests, if you're serving alcohol, etc. I'll say I'm having a rough time finding a rustic farm/barn for less that $4,000 in the upstate area. We're looking at a max of 70 people, serving alcohol, etc. As far as catering... I don't know. Haven't talked to any yet. =/ The best thing to do is research (internet is your best bet) some places that you like then email them. Sometimes they include chairs/tables/linens/etc, sometimes they don't. If they don't, you would need to add that to your budget. Things like that... Good luck!
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_typical-price-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:4399c6f1-6c5a-4278-b4ff-fc0f77294f6dPost:54e9a877-aa3c-48ba-bd75-f93b5ab5dfc1">Re: Typical Price For Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]It honestly depends on how many guests, if you're serving alcohol, etc. I'll say I'm having a rough time finding a rustic farm/barn for less that $4,000 in the upstate area. We're looking at a max of 70 people, serving alcohol, etc. As far as catering... I don't know. Haven't talked to any yet. =/ The best thing to do is research (internet is your best bet) some places that you like then email them. Sometimes they include chairs/tables/linens/etc, sometimes they don't. If they don't, you would need to add that to your budget. Things like that... Good luck!
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

This. It also depends on your date. Sometimes you can get a cheaper rate if it's the "off season" or a Friday or Sunday wedding.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

We paid around $2100.00 for heavy hors d'oeuvres, venue was $750.00

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards