Tennessee

NWR: Moving to Memphis!!

Good Morning!!

I'm getting married January 26th, 2013 in Wisconsin (where we currently live and are from originally), and then we're moving to Memphis for my job on January 29th!

It's going to be a whirlwind.... any advice on things to do in Memphis or areas of town to live in?

Thanks!! It'll be a big change but we're excited to head to TN :)

Re: NWR: Moving to Memphis!!

• Bartlett, Cordova, Germantown and collierville are the best places to live. As for things to do, it kind of depends on what you and FI like
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would suggest looking in the high point terrace area, or the east memphis/colonial area. These are both great communities for new, young families. 
  • Depends on what type of community you are looking for.  Downtown is fun and vibrant, full of hip condos & young professionals, lots of restaurants, farmer's markets, nightlife activities, but less of a family feel.  

Midtown and Cooper Young are also fun and vibrant with more community and family feel, lots of diversity, museums, parks, activities, the zoo, and great restaurants, etc.  

High Point area is also a cute, fun area full of families and up and coming young professionals, sort of a good central point of Memphis for access to shops and activities but the houses tend to be pretty small (think Post -War starter homes) but with great nice big yards!  

You will get a lot more house for your buck the further East you go, but IMO less of a community feel.  And suburbs are pretty much predictable no matter where you are but if that is what you are looking for, then definitely Bartlett, Germantown, etc.   
  • I was born and raised in Collierville and absolutely loved growing up there.  It's a wonderful community!  I have family all over then Memphis area - Germantown, Bartlett, and East Memphis.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards