Rhode Island
Options

Block Island??

Hey everyone, my fiance and I have chosen block island as our wedding spot. I'm having a lot of trouble finding any real information about the available venues on the island... espescially here on the knot. Does anyone have a suggestion about the venues there? Maybe some good places for a clam bake? We have chosen the spring house for the reception and ceremony, but we want to do the rehearsal dinner as a clam bake somewhere else. Any suggestions? I would love to hear from someone else that is planning a block island gathering!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Block Island??

• Options
    Love BI!  It is so pretty and special for a wedding!  Have you looked on this site?  http://www.blockislandinfo.com/viewpage.aspx?SectionID=16

They may have helpful options for you and catering options are probably limited on the island.  Snap photography (snapri.com) shoots a lot of weddings out there so you may be able to look on their site to get ideas. 
  • Options
    My husband and I got married on Block Island in September and it was a fantastic wedding. We got married at the Spring House and the food was outstanding and the location can't be beat. Plus compared to some of the other venues on BI, this one was very cost effective. Here's a peek: http://www.snapri.com/2012/10/18/shannon-marks-wedding-at-the-spring-house-block-island/

We had a rehearel dinner/welcome reception at Ballard's and it was a ton of fun. We had the entire patio area at the end and had a BBQ (served buffet style) and then roasted smores on the beach.

We planned everything from NYC but I was in touch with a ton of vendors that helped make our wedding day perfect. Happy to share notes/thoughts on the vendors and logistics but here is a list of our vendors in case you're interested:

Photography: SNAP Photography

Venue: The Spring House Hotel, Block Island, RI 

Florist: Sayles Livingston 

Ceremony Music: Nick Hinshaw

Music: DJ Pete O’Karma 

Wedding Dress: Romona Keveza via Kleinfelds

Suits: Men’s Warehouse

Ties: Ties.com

Dessert: Tip-C Cupcakes

Bride’s Jewelry: Kate Spade  

Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Alfred Sung via Bridesmaids.com 

Hair + Makeup: New Leaf Salon (Bristol, RI)

Favors: See’s Candies

• Options
    Hey Shannon! We are doing the Spring house too! Its already booked. We went there the night FH proposed and loved it! After looking at some pictures, we were sold. So far we have quite a few people booked. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is all of my out of town guests. Our wedding isnt going to be too large (125) but my mom wants to throw an additional reception in Detroit for my family that can't afford to travel or just can't come. I'm not sure at all how to invite everyone!

Venue: Spring House
    Flowers: LA Bella Rose
    DJ: Marc Scortino

Thats all we have so far. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds great. I met with a ton of vendors and am happy to provide additional recommendations. Feel free to message me directly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards