Favors

Mints on display (is this gross?)

I really like the new mints that theknot.com has. They can be personalized with the couple's name on one side and an icon on the other (clinking glasses, a heart, etc.). I'm not too keen on favors, but if I were to do them, I think I would do something like mints. However, I envision them in a really neat bowl in the reception room so that people can grab them after they eat/drink before they go dance. Is that gross? Should I provide tongs? I don't want to pay for satchels and then divide them up by guest (only to have them open them right there, eat them, and leave the satchel at the table). Thoughts?

Re: Mints on display (is this gross?)

• edited December 2011
    Could you do a small bowl on each table? 

And, yes.  I would provide tongs or a spoon. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_mints-display-this-gross?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:b011521f-f92c-44d8-8327-60e2744a3d70Post:b64fc2c5-7306-4b67-9925-d00c96d8bb8e">Re: Mints on display (is this gross?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you do a small bowl on each table?  And, yes.  I would provide tongs or a spoon. 
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    they have fairly inexpensive, individually wrapped mints. that would be much more sanitary than having your guests just grab them.

party city has some, and you can buy them in bulk online for cheap.
  • katenadjohnkatenadjohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with pp's.  If you have just one huge bowl sitting somewhere, think of all the dirty hands reaching in and grabbing them... (I just shuddered.)  You could do small bowls on each table, or the wrapped ones... the ones from party city aren't as super cute, but it's much more sanitary, and probably cheaper, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards